Chapter 4

Chapter 4

 **

A/N: THANKS SO MUCH FOR 100 READS!

More reads and votes= faster updates! <33

 **

Jay’s POV

The interviewer continues after asking us each a few questions, soon moving on to telling details about the event itself.

“So, girls, I’ve heard from an inside source that there will be a very special guest performance at this years competition. Can you confirm that?”

Charlotte speaks up, “We have heard that there will be a surprise performance, but we don’t even know who it is yet. But whoever it is, I hear that they’re huge!”

“We’re both very excited about this event, as I’m sure all 15,000 people coming to watch the game will be as well!” I add to what Charlotte says.

“I’m sure that the world can’t wait to see what’s in store! Thank you, Charlotte and Jay, for your time today!” The middle-aged interviewer gives the cameraman her obviously fake smile as she signs off.

I still can’t believe it myself. 15,000 people, a sold-out game. There to watch my every move, every mistake I make. Not to mention the millions watching the competition live at home. I’ve been nervous for games before, but this is a frightening feeling. Too many emotions are controlling my entire body and I can’t seem to make sense out of anything that is happening. It all seems way too surreal.

I head back to my team practicing in the stadium along with Charlotte and get back into our drill. This huge arena holds thousands of bright blue seats with a full sized field in the middle. A man sitting in a little truck that looks like a giant lawn mower was currently painting over the lines again. Meanwhile, my team of extremely dedicated and talented soccer players is dressed in their red practice shirts matching my own.

As I look around the stadium, though, I can’t help but wonder whom the special guest is. I always get this weird feeling in my stomach whenever I meet celebrities. When I was on the Ellen DeGeneres show, Taylor Swift was there to perform and I practically fainted when I saw her. On top of all these nerves I am already feeling, I certainly hope the performer isn’t someone too famous, like Beyoncé or something. If it were her, I would certainly pass out right on the spot.

I fall back into reality when I see a ball hurtling towards me, and I don’t have time to react, allowing the ball to hit me square in the chest.

“Jay!” My coach, Matt, yells from the sidelines, “Focus!”

“Sorry, Matt!” I called, clutching my aching chest and getting back into the drill.

******

Harry’s POV

“We’re goin’ to LA, baby!” Niall says as soon as it’s announced One Direction will be performing at the US Soccer National Championship. He high fives Zayn, who looks very happy as well while displaying his smile where his tongue shows through his teeth.

The boys and I were all sitting around one large, rectangular table in plush leather chairs. We were in our usual meeting room in our downtown London office, and the windows of the room made of all windows had one of the best views around. Three men from management sat at one end of the table, discussing our busy schedules for the next few weeks. The boys, including me, were all trying our very hardest to pay attention. It wasn’t until the mention of this trip to the states, though, that we actually were interested in the conversation.