Chapter 2

I arrived in New York at 5:27 p.m., a full 20 minutes earlier than scheduled. As I exited the terminal, I stopped at the bathroom by our designated luggage carrousel. I looked in the mirror. My dark brown hair had gotten slightly touseled up in the back from leaning against the seat with my sweatshirt hood up during the plane ride. I dug around in my bag and located my brush. Once the knots were out, I washed my hands and left to retrieve the rest of my luggage.

I had two large trunks filled with clothes and other nececities to retrieve. I stood to the side of the carousel and looked for my luggage. 

I spotted my first brown trunk coming around the corner of the carousel. I grabbed hold of the strap on the top of the box, attempting to lift it up and over the ledge, failing miserably. I tried a second time. The bottom of the trunk barely lifted off the slick metal. I grunted in frustration.

"Here, let me help you with that" A voice said from behind me. I watched as a heavily tattooed arm traced around my body, grabbed a hold of the strap and lifted my trunk off the carousel with ease.

"Thank you" I say as I look up to meet the eyes of the person who helped me.

They were strikingly blue, completmented by a thick mess of blonde hair sticking straight up, defying gravity. The boy's skin was flawless, other than a piece of metal coming out on either side of his eyebrow, he was very handsome.

"Do you have any more bags?" He ask cooley, glancing up and down my body, desplaying every thought going through his mind clearly on his face. My cheeks were blushing.

"Yea, I have a second trunk the same size as the one you just lifted. Thank you, by the way. I'm Charlotte."

"Niall. It's nice to meet you. You just moving here or something? WIth the size of these bags, I won't have to go to the gym for another week. This is my lift of the day." He said, winking at me.

I chuckled. "Yea, actually I'm just moving out here. Ooh, theres my second bag..." I said as I watched him lift it up and over the curb of the carousel as he did the first.

"Thanks so much" I said again. 

"it was no problem. So where abouts town are you moving to?" 

"I'm moving into an apartment structure on 57th street" 

"No way! The one by the park? Thats where-"

"Niall," A second boy who I hadn't noticed before cut him off, "We didn't come all the way here just so you could chat up some chick, we came here to get a job done. We're done, lets go" He said, looking at Niall with complete and utter annoyance.

This guy had blue eyes as well, not as piercing as Nialls but blue all the same. He wore black pants, Toms, and a simple grey t shirt on his upperbody. Black solid guages created two holes in his ears. His hair was brown, spiking off his head with one large swoop across his forehead.

I looked behind Niall to take in exactly everyone he was with. There were four of them total. Or five of them total?

Two were leaning against a support beam. The taller one had jeans and a black leather jacket on, had light brown hair styled in a short quiff, doing something on his phone. The second one was shorter, wearing black jeans, converse, a black beanie and a cutoff denim jacket, completley exposing his tattoos. His jawline was perfectly chiseled, and his cheekbones were more prominent than on any other guy I'd ever seen before. He was staring at the ground.

The fifth one, assuming he was a part of their little clan, was leaning against the opposite side of the beam, his back resting against it. One inked arm was visible, the other wasn't. I could see a few brown curls spitting from the side of the beam, but that's all I caught from the fifth member.