12.

The variety of flowers were familiar to Aeri as she arranged according to their colour and sizes as well as which ones look good and survive well together into the vases. She took one that was already done and placed it on top of the dining table.

Perfect, she thought out loud as she appraised her work.

She went back to the kitchen counter to settle the other flowers. Realising she left a ribbon behind, she turned back and suprised to see Mingyu out of the blue.

They were only a few inches away.

"Sorry, were you talking to me?" He asked as he smirked.

"No!" She hissed.

"Well do you want to?"

"No!" She moved aside to get the ribbon on the table.

Geez, she thought. Ever since Mingyu's presence in the house, she really thought him as a hurdle. Mingyu was Mr. And Mrs.Kim's only son. He would come home from town only once a month as it was far besides from not having a transport.

Okay, to admit it, Aeri thought he was pretty hot from the moment she saw him shirtless. He was tall and broad-shouldered, his cheeks were chiselled like a finely-carved Michelangelo statue. His nose was perfectly symmetrical. His lips were slightly full; the kind that end in a cute little smirk at the corners. The rays of sun highlighted his brownish dark hair that was like deep waves, which Aeri wouldn't even mind riding it.

But, a prick will always be a prick.

He followed Aeri around the kitchen trying to get her attention.

"At least talk to me something? It's been days you ignored me as if I was invisible. I've never seen such a beautiful girl in my house, living in my house," he begged.

Aeri kept continuing her work, ignoring him.

"Alright, I'm sorry,"

"For what?" She glared at him.

"For.. Ugh.. The other day when I was just joking around with you,"

"You teased me, harsh"

"What? With my sexy body? Nice huh,"

"Ew you pervert! My eyeballs almost burnt to ashes seeing you half naked"

"Cos I'm just that hot?"

"Eugh, no. Cos I see sins. A lot. Now leave!"

Aeri rushed out to the living room, or probably anywhere to escape from this pervert. But he chased her anyway.

"Okay, I'm sorry again. Can't we just at least be friends?"

She wished she could disappear into thin air at that moment. Friends, your ass.

"We're good enough as enemies,"

"Great, at least I'm not friend zoned,"

Ignore him, ignore him, ignore him.
She chanted in her mind.

"Lee Aeri?"

Her footsteps paused. Calling her full name made her uneasy. She took a deep sigh and turned around facing him.

"What is that do you want, Kim Mingyu?" She asked politely but full of sarcasm while showing a fake wide smile.

They were interupted by the sound of the creaking door being opened and it was Mr. Kim who came back from town since yesterday.

Aeri greeted him with a bow and he was delighted to see her polite manners ever since they met. Not like his own son, Mingyu. He was a bit of a rebel but he was just a bit spoiled that's all.

"Sorry for disturbing both of you," he looked at them both mischievously.

"Oh that's alright dad. We were just discussing how many kids we want to have when we're married. Soon"

Aeri's eyes stared at Mingyu sharply that could probably be lasers to cut a wood at one shot.

"That's nice. But I can't see your future as a dad though,"

Aeri laughed and stared back at him feeling pleased that he was roasted by his own father.

"Oh by the way, Aeri. I need a spare time with you later. Got something to talk about,"

"Sure, dad- uhm Mr.Kim."

Of course it was awkward to call him 'dad' in front of his own son. Especially when it's in front of Mingyu, that jerk.

"Wow I can't believe we are already a family and she's actually calling you dad. I never knew! This is great!" Mingyu invoked.

"Keep dreaming child," Aeri remarked and stuck out a tongue to him.