Stains and Stalkers

Hi whoever is reading this! ...Yes... I am aware it is a whole new year and it's been MONTHS since I've written... So here's chapter 3! It's an odd sort of chapter, sorry for that. But stuff has happened and that does play into why I have not written in a while... but anyways I apologize for everything and I'll be more consistent with updates! So um... enjoy! -Linds

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

*Crack Crack Crack* My legs crack as I get out of the car. Finally! Jeez, I never thought I'd get out of that car! I think to myself as I walk up our new driveway.

The house is nice. It's two stories with a finished basement; three bedroom home with 2 bathrooms and an ensuite in the master bedroom. Sadly, I don't get the master bedroom but I knew I wouldn't. I'm just dreaming about having a bathroom to myself.

Ashly gets out of the car and starts running to the door. Mom follows her to unlock it. It's not the greatest day today, which really doesn't faze me. I don't mind clouds and rain... just as long as I have a hood because Lord knows my hair and the rain don't get along.

I walk up the concrete stairs to the Dark wood door with the gold knob. When my mom was showing me the neighborhood I realized that our door was different to our neighbors in our cul-de-sac. All their doors were white with a silver knob, in comparison ours really stands out. Other than that the house looks the same, with the odd detail different on every house. Our house from the front looks pretty simple. We have a one and a half car garage that sticks out from our house. Our door is angled to the right side of our house. There are three windows upstairs. One big window with a semi circle top, the others are both squared and side by side. From the photos, my mom said I have the room with the big window and my sister has the one beside mine with the two smaller windows. The master bedroom is at the back of the house, across from my room. There's a bathroom in the middle that my sister and I will share. The house is a creamy kind of colour from the outside. The main floor consists of a big living room – open concept – with the kitchen beside it. There's a dining room attached to the kitchen and living room with French doors. All is in view from the front door. The basement isn't much; it's kind of in an L shape with the second bathroom and a little kitchenette.

I walk into the front door and try to find the bathroom. Once I've located the bathroom I look at the disaster of a stain the gravy left. Ew. I quickly find the name of that dry cleaner place Liam told me about.

I find my mom by the truck getting boxes out and into the garage as fast as possible to beat the rain. I join in and once we finish running the boxes in we begin to divide them into what rooms they need to go in. It takes us about an hour to get the boxes sorted and put into their rooms. I begin to plan how I want my room. Of course, the moving has my bed and other stuff so I don't have much time to plan where they'll go.

I walk up to my room and find some paper and a pencil and begin drawing a floor plan.

"My bed against the left wall and against window... My desk will go against that wall at the end of my bed. My dresser will go in my closet and my vanity against the left wall... That picture here... That painting there..." I say to myself. I've always loved planning and redesigning my room... I just hate unpacking. It always seems to take forever! But maybe that's just me.

I locate the box with all my clothes and begin to unpack my clothes and I try and find something to wear. Damn... I love this shirt! I think as I look at the stain. I quickly change into a grey tank top and new black jeans.