Back Again

When they got to the institute it took Clary's eyes a few seconds to break through the glamor. It felt strange having to once again work away a glamour, instead of just seeing a run down church. Luke was already there. He had gotten there faster than they had, but to be fair, he was a werewolf. Simon had called him on the way over as he knew he would be unable to gain access to the institute and didn't want Clary going in there alone. He'd met Jace before and knew that he could be vicious if he wanted to be. As Clary walked over to Luke she looked around and saw Simon's anxious face. She forced a smile, not wanting to worry him, and turned away. When she reached Luke he embraced her and she started crying. As he held her, minutes passed and Simon began to worry for Clary, and Luke had been hugging for a very long time. He walked over. At this stage Clary was in hysterics and Simon was wondering how he had not heard her. It was then that he noticed Luke's shirt, which was drenched in Clary's salty tears. He tried to ask her what was wrong but before Clary could reply she noticed Izzy and Alec walking towards them. "What did you bring him for?" Asked Alec, gesturing towards Simon. "He is my boyfriend, and the one who convinced me to come in the first place, so I would shut up if I where you"
"Oh yeah, or what" Alec taunted, stepping towards Clary playfully "or you're gonna get the beating of your life" Clary responded, giggling "she was just about to step forward to take a swing at Alec, when she heard a shout, and looked up to see Jace, standing at the edge of the roof with a glass in his hand and a determined look on his face.