Please

Clary awoke to pain running up her leg, through her right arm and up to the back of her neck. she turned to see bones popping out of her arm and leg. How had she not noticed this before? Could it have happened when she fell? If so how could Simon, Alec and Luke have not noticed? Or had they noticed and not told her?

There were so many questions running through her head. She looked to her side and Simon was lying next to her in the same position as when she fell asleep. His glasses were pinned under him and his arm was draped over her shoulder. She tried to remove his arm, but it hurt so badly that she cried out in pain, waking him up. He sat up and looked at her groggily, his eyes widening in shock when he saw her mangled body. He must not have noticed it before when he first came in to see her. How had she not winced in pain as he hugged her tightly? Simon open his mouth, but he was cut short by Alec and Luke running into the room with Magnus trailing close behind them. They must have heard her. Was she really that loud? She didn't think she was but yet here they where.

Magnus walked over to her curiously and then looked to Alec and spoke to him, in the same language as before.

Alec nodded and walked over to Clary, picking her up and muttering something about a hospital. She really hoped she wouldn't be admitted. She hated hospitals, and they all knew it, but she was in to much pain to object so she let Alec carry her to the car.

Eventually they reached the hospital, and Alec stepped out of the car and picked her up again, earning a suspicious look from Simon.

"Oh relax" he said "it's not like you can carry her"

As they walked towards the door Clary could sense a tightness in Alec's chest.

When they got up to the main floor, Alec found a nurse, and quickly recounted the story, excluding any mention of the shadow world. She was quickly admitted into a ward, and after she was settled, the nurses left and only Luke, Alec and Simon remained. "Try to sleep," said Luke "you need the rest."

And so she did.

Several hours later a group of nurses came in and began releasing the breaks on her bed.

"What are you doing" she asked, panicking

"They're just taking you down to surgery" Alec replied, stepping up to her bed

"Alec. I know this is a terrible time and I know it's impossible but I need to see Jace. I need to. You don't understand how it feels Alec, please"

"I understand exactly how you feel. You feel like you're sinking, and there's no one there to help you, except the possibility of him being ok. But he not ok, Clary. He hasn't been ok for a long time, and nothing you can do will fix that. He needs to be away from you."

"THATS WHAT I THOUGHT ALEC. WHY DO YOU THINK I LEFT?"

"Sweety we really need you to stay calm. The operation you're about to have is intense"

"Please" she begged, finally breaking into tears "I can't not see him. It's like this pressure, on me all the time, and I try to ignore it, but I can't. I just need him to be ok."

"I'll... I'll see what I can do" Alec whispered stepping away from the bed with a shocked look in his eyes. "I'm sorry"

Alec ran off, and Clary tried to focus on where they where taking her. Eventually the bed stopped, and she looked around to see a large, white, well lit room, filled with people.

"Clary" a kind looking nurse came up next to her bed to explain the procedure "you've gotten yourself some nasty breaks" she said "we're about to insert some anaesthetic into your arm, and you'll fall asleep. Understand?"

Clary nodded, and a moment later, they attached the anaesthetic to the drip, and she was gone from the world.