Chapter 2 || Encounters and First Day Troubles

Third Person's POV

In the crowded mall, Vanessa found herself surrounded by her siblings—Alexa, Pia, and Jane—as they excitedly explored the various shops. Vanessa, however, had initially planned to stay home, but she just woke up the next morning, already in the car with her annoying siblings who forced her to come.

Wala na din siyang nagawa dahil sa kakulitan ng mga itong gumala at mamili. Naka halukipkip lamang siya sa sasakyan habang walang emosyon pinanonood ang mga kapatid.

She sighed, realizing she hadn't put in her contact lenses because she didn’t have a chance to, revealing her distinctive violet eyes. And just like her, each one of her siblings had uniquely colored eyes as well - Pia's were hazel, Alexa's were blue, and Jane's were red. Vanessa didn't want to stand out any more than necessary, especially in a place where they already attracted curious stares.

As they maneuvered through the bustling mall, Vanessa's siblings seemed to have forgotten about her presence, their attention fully captured by the myriad of distractions.

Napahilot na lamang ito sa kanyang sintido nang mapansing nawala na lang bigla ang mga ito sa kanyang paningin. Dumagdag pa ang nakakaasar na mga taong kanina pa nakatingin sa gawi niya.

"Hala ang ganda niya oh,”

"Ang ganda naman niya,"

"Yung totoo manika ba yan?"

"Bat di sya ngumingiti?"

"Tanga lang girl? Pag ikaw ba mag isa ka ngingiti ka?Duhh. . . ano sya baliw?"

"Oh my! She's like a living doll!"

Iyon ang maririnig na bulong bulungan ng mga taong makakakita sa kanya. Vanessa just disregarded the comments. She had no interest in attracting attention or engaging in small talk with strangers. She despised being the center of attention, preferring to blend into the background.

As she continued her search for her siblings, her eyes scanning the crowd, her thoughts were interrupted by a sudden collision. The impact jolted her, forcing her to a halt. Irritation welled within her, ready to be unleashed.

"Watch where you're going," the man grumbled but stopped the moment he set his eyes on her.

Walang ganang binalingan niya lamang ito ng malamig na tingin nang magkasalubong ang kanilang mga mata. She engaged in a silent contest of gazes with him and to her satisfaction, the other person looked away first.

“Tss. . .” she grumbled then turned her back on him.

Naiwan na lamang ang lalaking iyon na tulala habang pinanonood ang papalayong bulto niya.

***

Meanwhile, Pia found herself captivated by the kaleidoscope of lights and sounds emanating from the TimeZone arcade. Having completed her shopping earlier, she had decided to indulge in a moment of amusement. Lost in her own world, she was approached by a handsome young man who seemed to be the same age as her.

Kanina pa siya pinanonood nitong manalo sa bawat larong kanyang pinupuntahan. Bukod doon ay napuno ng ingay niya ang buong arcade.

The man had a confident demeanor and mischievous smile catching her attention. He approached her, his gaze fixed upon her with an air of intrigue. His words, laced with charm, spilled from his lips, "Hi, miss, can I get your number?"

‘Psh. . . Mukang babaero. Ano sya sinuswerte? Kahit gwapo pa siya ay hindi ko basta bastang pinamimigay ang number ko noh!’ sambit nito sa kanyang isipan.

Pia, a master of guarded reserve, was not easily swayed by flattery. She regarded him with a cool composure, her hazel eyes steady and unwavering. "No," she replied, her voice carrying a hint of indifference.