Chapter 2

"You have to be kidding me!" I muttered under my breath, almost smashing my clenched fist on the rigid table.

 Why was he there? When I left home I swear he was inside their house playing video games or something, and then boom- Teenage Weirdo no. 2  busted in all over my plans. First Ash, now him. 

 How ironically funny. Ash called me a stalker when he and his brother were at the same place as I was. That was shockingly amusing, entertaining even.

 I lowered myself in the chair, like that was going to help me, and hoped for the best, fingers crossed.

 Tate threw his glance further in the crowded room, yet he didn't seem to acknowledge my existence. Lucky me. He then closed the door behind him with a barely heard slam and rocked his bad boy walk, making his way through the fluidly moving bodies with light pushes.

 I wanted to ignore him so badly, but at the same time a wave of curiosity flooded my veins. It felt like I couldn't detach my glance from his moving frame and where it was heading to.

 Dark lights took over the place as Tate began moving faster, with more ease. I almost lost him in the ocean of young adults, but his dark brown waves stood up in the crowd. I followed him with my lurking sight up to a shady corner. There stood a man, short and grey haired but not old, who made a sign with two fingers. I stood up and squinted my eyes to observe better what on Earth was unfolding in front of me.

 Tate got closer and bent a little bit, so that his ear was alined with the man's mouth. The man whispered something and then handed him a white package. Tate stood up straight, took the package with a steady hand and hid it in one of the inside pockets of his denim jacket.

 Without changing any other words he began walking again through the mass of people, almost making himself unseen.

 I frowned and then ran to the bar, pulled out ten bucks from my front pocket and let it there right in front of Jason's face and made my way outside, pushing people out of my way.

 I was a few feet away from the entrance when Tate pushed the door, got out, and then slammed it behind him. I sighed in exasperation and ran my few left steps there, opened the door and ran up the stairs, ignoring Nathan who was calling concerned after me.

 The last thing I saw upstairs was a tan hand glowing in the faint light closing the door behind it. I sucked in a deep breath before exiting the building myself, ready to see where on Earth was Ash's little brother going, but nothing. No car, no guy. Nothing.

 He was gone.

 ******

 I was walking on some lonely streets from around my neighborhood with my hands shoved in my pockets. Why the hell was Tate in that place? More over, what did he get something from that man? Was it money? Drug delivery? A lethal shot that was able to decimate the entire global population with a few milliliters?

 I was being paranoid, yes, but I definitely had my reasons. A sixteen year old in a shady club getting a weird package? Something was clearly fishy.

 My problem was what was that something.

 I exhaled harshly and kicked a small rock which was laying in the middle of the sidewalk. I wanted answers, yet there was no major question that needed those. Maybe he is a drug dealer. So? Does that affect me in any way? Absolutely not.

 But my stubborn brain refused to let the imagines float away aimlessly and just quit trying to make sense out of them. I really needed a vacation, somewhere far away from all that was slowly unfolding and folding back in a more twisted way.