Chapter 1 A Weeks Time

"In the recent events of the mask killings I am pleased to announce the capture of this killer. We have the great detective, Gregory Brown to thank. Some can say it was fate that Mr.Brown found the masked man, some may say it was karma. Now we also known the Spencer Hall was not the masked man and he was falsely accused. The masked killer is a twenty three year old man named Michael Sevha. We plan to give him a trial and if h is guilty, he shall face the death sentence." The president said on the tv. Gregory turned the tv off at that point, he stroked his chin and then stood up from his chair. He looked out of his window to a tall tree, one that he had seen grow over the years that he had lived there. Gregory thought about the night he found the masked man.

He was in a rush that night but fell asleep driving. He hit something and woke up. When he got out of his car there before him was the beast, the mad killer that he had searched for. The masked killer ran off into the forest land and Gregory ran after. The man took off his mask so not to kill the driver. Gregory saw the mans muscles shrink as he removed his mask running away. "Go away, please I don't want to hurt you!" The running man said. Gregory continued after him anyway, he had his stun gun on him. He took it out and shot at the running mans back. The running man fell and Gregory took him into his car. He put aside the problem with his mother and took the man to the police station.

As Gregory walked in through the door to the station his phone rang. He did not answer it, for he couldn't. He had his hands were full, carrying the unconscious body of the running man. After he put the man behind bars he looked at his phone. It was the hospital that had called him. He called them back to find out what had happened. He had to sit down for a moment after he was given the news of his mother's death.

Gregory had stopped the masked killer but had also missed the last moments he could have had with his mother. Deven came in the next and heard the news of why he was taking the day off. She also heard that the killer was in there custody, she went to a coffee shop and bought two. After that she drove to Greg's house and knocked on the door. She stood there for a few minutes and then he opened the door. She told him good morning and sorry for you loss, she gave him the second coffee she had bought and asked to come inside. He lst her in and they had coffee together, not much was said. Gregory didn't want to speak much. If he did he would most likely burst into tears.

Deven left his house after coffee, she realized that he needed time alone. He went outside before she could get to her car. He asked her if she could come with him to see his mother, he knew it was probably asking a lot but asked anyway. She drove him to the hospital his mother was at and walked with him to see her.

There was a knocking at Gregory's door, it made him stop thinking of the past events. It had been a week since he had been to work. He opened the door and Deven was there, she had come to check on him. Gregory hadn't seen her in a week as well.

"So how did the test go?" Greg asked her.

"It's just as he said, somehow when our test subjects put on the mask at first they felt intense pain. After the pain the grew stronger. We also tried shooting them and with the mask on they had no bullet wounds." She then chuckled and said "The scientists are getting a little exited, they want to try burning and drowning people next. There planning what to do if something goes wrong now."

"And he still only knows that he found it in the desert?" Greg asked.

"Oh yes about that, we checked around a few deserts and found the body of Spencer Hall. From the looks of it, suicide. Shoved a gun up his mouth." She said.

Greg looked a bit surprised. Thats probably why we couldn't find him, he thought. It seemed like it all came to an end now... They would end up killing Michael probably and the government would do test on the mask till the end of time. Greg thought.

"You think that mask is indestructible?" Gregory asked her.

"So far it's like it was created by witchcraft or something. I mean really want kind of thing does what it does." She said.

After Deven left Gregory started to think what if the power the mask gave could be used for good. Gregory went to the police station and looked at a list of people that knew Spencer Hall. He spent all of the next day speaking with them. Around 5 pm Greg came to the home of a man named Dillon.

"So what can you tell me about Mr.Hall?" Greg asked Dillon.

"He's a good kid, went looking for his girlfriend and kid last I saw him. I know the news said he was the masked killer but now they saiy it was some other guy." Dillon said.

"Mhm, Dillon are you aware that Spencer's body has been found dead? Before that we also found his wife's body dead and we're still looking for the child's body." He asked him.

Dillon looked shocked, he didn't want the kid to get hurt.
"Oh... I, I didn't know. How did they die?" Dillon asked.

"The female, Marry she was shot in the left side of the head. Spencer was found in a desert on a motorcycle. We think that he committed suicide by putting a gun in his mouth and shooting himself." Greg told him.

Dillon looked down and back at Greg. "Hey I'm sorry to hear that, but really I don't know much else." He said.

Gregory gave Dillon his number if he needed to call him and left to go to the next person.