Chapter 8 Surrendering To The Pain

Within a week investigates came to his home asking about where he had been and what he knew.
Greg told them that he went to go see Deven and when he did, he noticed a crazy looking man that looked a lot like Michael was ther. Greg went on to say that after Michael tried to attack Deven he stepped in and tried to save her.

Greg stopped his car and opened the door. He could feel his heart slowing down as he took his first step out of the car. He walked holding a bundle of roses, as he did he thought about the moments he had with Deven. How could the world be so painful... The color left his face, his blank face began to sink as he approached her grave. He sat down, folding one leg over the other and placed the flowers he brought in front of the stone tablet with her name.

It was just a second, it took one second in life for Deven to be forever lost. Greg thought about all the time he could of tried to confess to her but never did. Deven died for the mask, Michael died for the mask, so many more probably died for the mask before them.

It was obvious to Gregory that the mask couldn't be destroyed and that there are no hands in the world that could control the mask. Greg moved his head to the grave and kissed the stone, after that he stood up and walked to his car. He looked at the grave as he sat down while sliding his hand into his pocket. As he drove away out from his pocket he pulled out the white expressionless mask.