Nap Time

Val's POV

It was time for Paige to take a nap because we were having a party tonight. She doesn't enjoy taking naps but usually does anyway without complaining. Jenna was currently at the grocery store getting last minute food and drinks.

"Paige, it's time to take your nap." I shout.

"PAPA I DON'T WANNA!" She complains.

"I know you don't princess, but we're having a party tonight and you don't want to miss out on that." I explain to her as I pick her up.

"But I no tired."

"I know you're tired by your face princess." I say as I carry her upstairs.

We get in her room and I set her down on the floor because she really likes climbing into her crib herself. I don't really know why, maybe cause she's being independent. You know 2 year old minds.

I was expecting Paige to climb up in her crib but instead she just lays there on the floor.

"Not tired." Paige says laying there.

"I don't care if your not tired you need to go to sleepy!" I said the last part as enthusiastically as i could.

"NOOO!" Paige starts screaming.

I eventually pick her up. I have no idea whats gotten into her.

"Paige Larissa Chmerkovskiy it's nap time!" I said raising my voice a bit higher.

By this point Paige was kicking and crying. I was trying to put her in her crib but she wouldn't let go.

"I DONT WANT NAP!!!" Paige screams really loudly.

"PAIGE CHMERKOVSKIY YOU ARE GOING TO TAKE A NAP WHETHER YOU WANT TO OR NOT!" I yell.

Paige stops kicking me and reaches for her crib. I put her in it. She instantly curls up in a ball and just cries.

No no no no ugh now my princess is crying. Why do i always have to get worked up. I think to myself sitting in the rocking chair on the other side of the room.

"Papa weave." Paige whispers while she's crying.

"Ok princess you can have whatever you want." I say as I walk out.

I hear the door open. Oh joy Jenna's back. I go run to her.

"Baby your back!" I say and kiss her forehead.

"Yup i am." Jenna replies.

"Ok I know you just got back but i need your help."

"What is it Val?"

"Well umm when I was putting Paige down for a nap she was screaming and crying and didn't want to. And then i got worked up and accidentally yelled at her and now she's crying and I don't know what to do." I confess.

"It's ok Val. Lets go upstairs."

We walk upstairs into the nursery. Paige is still in a ball crying.

"Mama" she cries.

"It's okay baby, mama's here. Shh shh." Jenna says as she picks her up.

"Papa be mean." Paige says into Jenna's shoulder.

No, my princess thinks I'm mean.

"No baby, papa was just upset that you weren't listening, he wasn't trying to be mean." Jenna explains to Paige.

"Come here Paige" i say as i open up my arms for Jenna to put her in.

"I'm sorry that i yelled at you earlier."

"It's otay papa." She says as she hugs me.

I put her down into her crib after kissing her forehead.

"Good night princess." I whisper as me and Jen walk out.

Hey guys! So my cousin requested this so i decided to do it. Im gonna be honest though this was not very good at all. But i tried. I'll try to do a few more prompts this weekend but idk if that's gonna happen.

~Lucy🦄