i'm still in love with her

lucy's pov

"hey val! you ready to start rehearsal?" i asked cheerfully. "yeah," he said, in a dull voice. that was never like val. he was always excited to start rehearsal. he absolutely loved creating and teaching me dances. it was strange, but i decided i would ask about it later.

• • • • •

"ugh, i can't think of anything for this dumb rumba. this dance is going to be complete shit all because of me," val yelled. "hey, it's going to be okay. how about you go take a quick break? i'll keep going over the steps you already taught me," i told him.

"no, come sit down with me. i need someone to talk to," he said, grabbing my hand. i grabbed my water bottle and sat next to him. "spill it," i demanded. "amber and i broke up," he said, with a confused expression on his face. "oh, um, i'm sure everything will be okay," i said, surprised. "i broke up with her," val admitted.

"what, why would you do that?" i asked, extremely confused. i thought he was in love with her, but i guess i thought wrong. "i love someone else," he told me. "who?" i questioned. "you know her. she's luke's partner," he explained.

"jenna? didn't you and her used to date?" i asked. "yeah. i never stopped loving her," he confessed. "hey, it'll all be okay. but you're going to have to eventually tell her," i said, giving him a hug. "okay, now that i got that out, how about we get back to work. let's turn this shitty rumba into a beautiful one!" val exclaimed, grabbing my hand. "yes! let's do it!" i squealed, jumping up from where i was sitting.

• • • • •

"so val, have you told jenna yet?" i asked, as we were leaving the studio. "not yet. i can't find the right time," he told me. "i'm giving you until midnight on our flight to new york to tell her. val you can't just sit and wait for love, you have to fight for it," i explained. luke and jenna and val and i were all in the top four, so we are all going to be going to gma. "yes ma'am," he replied, laughing. "hey, i'm being serious. you don't tell her, i'll tell the whole plane," i said, with a serious expression in my face.

"okay, okay," he said, putting his hands up. "hey, i'm just trying to get my favorite couple together, and to do that someone has to man up!" i explained, laughing. val sighed. "i love ya kiddo," he said hugging me.

• • • • •

"val, please tell her," i pleaded, as we were sitting in his trailer after the finale. we had just won, and i was happy, but i'd be even happier if val would confess his love. "i don't know if i can do this," val confessed. "just remember, of you don't tell her privately or at all before midnight, i tell the whole plane," i told him. "yes, i know. now we should probably change and get on that plane, before people start to worry," val said.

i got up and went back to my trailer. i put on some athletic shorts and a sweatshirt, that val gave me. i took my hair down and put it into a messy bun. i put on some shoes and grabbed my things, that i was going to bring with me on the plane.

• • • • •

it was 11:50 and i was getting concerned. was val going to man up and tell her, or was i going to have to do it for him? i pulled val into the small bathroom in the back of the plane.

"dude. it's almost midnight. are you going to tell her or not?" i asked. val just looked at me. i could see how nervous he was. "i don't know. what if she doesn't love me back. i'll be heartbroken," he said, fidgeting with his fingers. "val, i told you this once and i'm not afraid to tell you again. you cannot sit back and wait for love, you have to fight for it," i told him, sternly. "yes i know. you're right,"

we walked back out and i sat down next to luke. i watched val and the clock on my phone carefully. i honestly don't think he's going to tell her.

it was 11:59 and i looked up at val. he caught my eye, as i held up one finger, indicating that there was just one minute left. val just shook his head, and mouthed the words, "i can't do it."

right as the clock struck 12:00, i stood up.

"everyone i have a very important announcement to make," i yelled. everyone stopped moving and looked over at me. i saw val looking at me with fear in his eyes.

"val still loves jenna," i announced, confidently. everyone was shocked.

"he does?" jenna whispered.

"yes, he does. he was too nervous to tell you himself, but i told him you can't sit back and wait for love. you have to fight for it," i explained to her.

"val is this true?" jenna asked, turning towards val.

"yes," he said, nervously.

"that's good because i still love you," jenna said, giving him a hug.

val broke the hug, and turned it into a kiss. a very passionate one.

"VALENNA'S BACK TOGETHER!" i squealed.