Part 20

Misaki's P.O.V.

I sat on a chair near the food table with a plate of cake in hand. Watching Yukiko, Hikaru, and Kaoru mess around had me feeling a nasty pang of something I couldn't quite identify. I tried to shake it off and eat my cake, but it wouldn't go away. I distracted myself by watching Renge's shenanigans.

"Hey, Haruhi, you're on!" said Renge.

"Coming." said Haruhi. She started making her way towards Renge. I followed to distance myself from the twins and Yuki. I could still hear them laughing and joking from nearby.

"Over here. These two gentlemen have just agreed to make a special appearance in our film." The lady manager said cheerfully.

I raised an eyebrow. They don't really look like extras.

"In your film?" Asked one of the 'extras'.

"What are you talking about?" Asked the other.

"After all, we're gonna need some tough guys for the big climax." Renge explained. "That's when all of the club members come together to fight against the real villains at their school. According to this script, these two are from a wealthy family that got their wealth by being a part of the Japanese Mafia. Don't you think it's a brilliant casting choice?" She asked.

"What's with this girl?" Asked one of the thugs distressed.

"Whatever my dad does has nothing to do with me!"

"Renge-" I tried to interject.

"Just stand over here and wait for your cue." Renge said to one of the extras ignoring me. She grabbed his arm and pulled him to where she wanted him to stand.

"Hey, you think you can push me around? You don't even know me!" Exclaimed the thug and he shoved Renge off of him. It was like I was watching in slow motion. Renge stumbled back from the force of the blow and in an effort to save her, Haruhi jumped behind her to soften the impact of Renge and the nearby wall. Haruhi sank to her knees.

"That guy was right, Renge. You can't do that. If you judge people by their appearance you're stereotyping them, and you'll never see the person inside." Said Haruhi.

She just got hurt and she's spouting words of wisdom? I was mildly impressed.

"Umm. I don't understand what you're trying to say." Renge said.

Seriously?

I walked over to Haruhi's side to make sure she was okay. She seemed to be alright, but I heard Tamaki's footsteps coming around the corner.

"What happened, Haruhi?" He took in her current state and automatically developed an outraged coutenance. "So, which one of you jerks started this?" He shoved one of the extras against the wall.

"Wait, Suou! It's not what you think." He struggled to explain. "That girl started it. She was giving us a hard time."

"He's telling the truth, Senpai, they were provoked." Confirmed Haruhi.

I nodded.

Remembering that Haruhi was there, Tamaki let go of the extra and gave her his full attention. "Haruhi, are you in any pain?" He asked.

"Yeah, it's my contact."

"Your contact?" I asked. "What about it?"

"I guess it must have slipped out." Haruhi said.

"I see how it is," said Tamaki with a small smile on his face. "You're able to cry without using eye drops. So you're a full-fledged host now."