St. Jimmy Act I Scene I

Characters -

Jimmy: main character, high school senior
Damien: Jimmy's best friend

Audrey: Jimmy's girlfriend
Sara: Damien's girlfriend
Carol + Nick: two friends who died in an accident
Tim: Jimmy's and Damien's friend
Sam: One of Jimmy's ex-girlfriends

Act I - Scene I

Scene starts with Jimmy and Damien at Damien's house watching T.V. They are talking about everyday things like lifelong friends do.

Jimmy:

Hey, pass me another can of soda. (Damien passes it)

Thanks, oh by the way your anniversary is in a week, don't forget. Sara would murder you.

Damien:

Oh, yeah. Don't worry, I remember these things-

Jimmy:

You forgot last month... and the one before that.

Damien:

We-... Well, yeah, but this is two-years. I already made plans anyway at this super fancy restaurant. Been saving all month for it. Ya know? One of those places where you need a suit to go.

Jimmy:

Wow, man. You going all out. If Carol were still around she probably would have planned it all for you.
(They both look at each other silently and sadly for a moment) I miss them.

Damien:

I miss them, too, man. It's BS what happened to them. They were the ones with the brightest futures out of all of us.

Jimmy:

At least the drunks that hit them died too.

(Said as he slams the soda down at the table)

Damien:

Woah, man. Now don't be so angry, either. They could have been punished here, ya know? "Alive." Anyway, on a brighter note: Tim and I are going to the movies Saturday. Wanna come?

Jimmy:

Oh, I can't. Me and Audrey are going to our favorite cafe for a date. you know it's where our-

Damien:

first date was. Yes, you've told me before.

(End Scene)