LP Release Party

(July 21, 1973)

It's a Saturday night, and the Teenagers and I, along with Marvin Gaye, Frankie Valli, Aberdeen, Jessamine, Carlo, and Billy, are at Herman's house, celebrating the release of my debut solo LP, The Fabulous Alyssa Garnes. We are also celebrating the release of Joe's debut solo LP, Joe's Feelin' Fine. Frankie Valli walks over to me and says "Alyssa, your voice is beautiful! I'm so glad the Teenagers and the Four Seasons made that duet LP, Nine Friends Together, back in 1966!" "Haha, thanks! I loved when you and Joe sang "Bye Bye Baby" together! I hope you enjoy both mine and Joe's covers of your solo hit "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You" on our respective LPs," I reply. As Frankie and I make small talk, Joe's song "Loyal Guy" plays in the background. What an ironic title, I think.

A few minutes later, I decide to sit down on the couch next to Marvin Gaye. He looks over at me and says "Ah, Alyssa! I've been meaning to talk to you. You know, I've had an idea bubbling in my mind for a while. I'd like to know if you and Joe would like to an LP with me." Grinning, I respond "I'm up for it! Let's hope Joe's up for it, too!" Then, Marvin gets up, saying "Let me find him." A few seconds later, Sherman sits down next to me, saying "Darling, I'm proud of you. I figure I should go ahead and tell you something, too. I'm thinking of starting my solo career. Not only that, but my friend Jimmy Castor and his group, the Jimmy Castor Bunch, wants us to help provide backing vocals on his next LP." "Oh my god! No way!" I happily exclaim. Happily, Sherman kisses me and says "I know, babe. This will be a fun experience for the both of us!" Damn right, this will be a fun experience. Joe and I might be recording an LP with Marvin Gaye soon, Sherman is thinking of starting his solo career, and Sherman and I will be helping Jimmy Castor and the Jimmy Castor Bunch on their next LP. Hell yeah, this will be so fucking fun!