The House

I was sitting here in pure panic. I was in the very place that I thought only appeared in nightmares.

The house.

The house was an interrogation building. There were multiple dotted around our town. Thousands placed throughout our nation.

The government doesn't trust is anymore. We have to keep ourselves in line or we come here.

They say it's just a simple procedure ask you a few questions. Give them some information. If it was right you were released. If not you, well. You get a nice bed underground.

I call bull. Because every single person I have ever loved has been sent here. And now they are resting peacefully six feet under.

My body is going numb. I can feel my functions going into a complete collapse as my panic takes over.

Down stairs I hear screaming. Oh god. Another person is dying. Maybe I know them. She could've been a neighbor of mine. What did we even do.

BANG! The sound of a gun shot peirced the air. Her screaming was abruptly cut off. How could someone be so psychopathic to kill so casually. The heavy thudding of boots walked upstairs. The unrhythmic sounds gave it the impression of two people walking up the stairs.

I was gonna die. I feel like I am gonna pass out.

The rickety door swung open and seemed to make the whole building shutter.

Out of the door came a monopoly man look alike dressed in all white, carrying a list and a burly looking guy holding a rifle dressed in black.

I closed my eyes. Waiting for my name to be called. I was all alone after all. There was no one else to piggy back on. No one to postpone my death.

The monopoly man looked down at his list.

"Emily Crowe."

Wait. That was not my name. Was there a mistake.

I looked around the tiny room filled with chairs. A tiny girl stood up. Her face entirely innocent.

There was a freaking child in here?! I thought it was stupid that they would call in a 17 year old. She couldn't be over the age of seven.

I had to act. I may be a selfish idiot, but who would let a little girl walk to her death.

So I did something stupid.

I launched myself at the old guy. Considering I was like a foot taller than him. The thing I didn't consider was the behemoth that could probably swallow me whole standing right beside him.

My outstretched hands were two inches from the tiny guys throat, until I got whacked on the back of my head. I fell to the ground. My head was throbbing.

I rolled over, desperately trying to get up. I am a freaking idiot.

A gun barrel was pointed right between my eyes. The mousy man regained himself and looked at me. He opened his mouth. Surely he was gonna give an order to kill me. Then his eyes filled with recognition.

He grabbed the mans wrist. "Don't you dare shoot." The thug flipped the gun around and mailed me with the butt of his rifle. Everything went black.