.3

"I don't have to work anymore tonight." I cheer doing a little dance as we walk to his car. All I get is silence in return and I roll my eyes "Are you mad that I didn't let you kick their asses and make me loose my job?"

"No, I'm pissed that you let them run all over you." His grip on the steering wheel tightens "I'm pissed that they think they can do whatever they want. I'm pissed that I didn't get to punch at least one of them."

I laugh shaking my head "You have a lot to learn, Pan. Just cause I didn't beat the crap out of them doesn't mean I let then run all over me." He looks over at me raising his eyebrows and I could mentally hear him asking 'oh really?' "I just didn't let them get the best of me. I was the better woman and took it like a man should." His grip loosens and I notice smile tugging at his lips as he shakes his head.

"Why are you in a gang?" His question catches me off guard and I draw a blank.

"Money." I shrug not really knowing. "I mean at first it was for protection then, it was for money. Now I think I just do it to hang out with you guys. We haven't gotten money in awhile and we've mostly been stuck in rivals. I mean that's all I know and you guys are my family..." I shrug awkwardly looking out my window. He nods and then smirks. We aren't even really a gang anymore with life getting in the way we are more like a group of kids getting into fights with the real gangs that are trying to get rid of us for good. 

"So, since we are your family your problems are our problems." I roll my eyes looking over at him with a scowl.

"My blood is my problem not yours."

"You don't have to deal with it all on your own."

"Yea I know but, for now I can handle it. Ok?" I grin and Pan sighs. "You'll be the first to know when I need help ok?"

"Fine." He frowns from not getting his way and I smile shaking my head at his childish behavior. 

"I just don't want you fighting my battles for me."  He nods slowly and I sigh in relief.

"You know you are one strange girl." He mutters and I just laugh nodding in agreement.

"Oh I know."

"The Raven gang is our problem though." He growls out and I nod in agreement letting my hand hover over my aching side. "A problem that needs to be dealt with."

"Don't fret my dear Pan." I grin nudge him only to earn an amused scowl as he focuses back on the road. Sticking my head out the window I lift my fist in the air and yell "The lost boys shall shoot the dreadful Ravens from the sky!" Pan chuckles from inside and I just smile enjoying the cool air on my face. Gently and carefully I climb back inside and let out an yawn. "Can I stay with you guys tonight, Pan?"

"Sure thing."

----–

"Violet we need Milk!!!" Tommy yells from somewhere towards the kitchen. "There is money on the coffee table, could you go get some?" Rolling my eyes I snatch the money of the table and trudge towards the door "love ya!"

"Yea and I love to eat broccoli." I mutter pulling on my shoes before heading out the door. Dan, Eric, Pan are all out doing gang stuff that I was told to stay away from since the whole bathroom incident and Tommy was left to babysit. My phone buzzes in my pocket and Tommy's name flashes across the scree "No I'm not dead or beating the crap out of anyone."

"Ha.Ha." He mocks through the phone "Can you also swing by the corner store on 54th ave and get the other milk for Dan?"

"The lactose stuff?" I scrunch up my face in disgust "I don't even know what it looks like."