Chapter Three

The Unforgettable Memory

It had been 5 years since we left Australia, though that wasn't the only thing we left behind.

💭💭💭

2 Weeks before my 10th Birthday, my Mother found out my Father was cheating on her. My sisters lived together 2 hours away while my Brother lived on his own to travel to University.

I lived with my Mum and Dad, until that day came when my Father left us and we never saw him again.

They were fighting while I locked myself in my room, crying while they shouted and fighted for ages.

This wasn't the first time, this was happening before I was even born.

After all the chaos, it went all quiet. Mum came out and was balling her eyes out in the living room.

I opened my door and walked to the hallway as I heard my Father wheeling his luggage out the front door. He looked back to see me standing there with red teary eyes.

He stared at me with a look saying "This is it", and walked out closing the door behind him.

He drove off as I watched my Father leave for the last time.

I went back to Mum and saw her hands were bleeding. I hugged her and wipe jer tears clean as I washed her hands and bandaged them.

I then walked to their bedroom and saw photos torn amd frames broken. Glass was shattered all over the floor, then I thought to myself, "The glass is as shattered and broken as this family is"...

I then pledged to myself that I would protect and take care of my Mother from that day on...