The Egyptian Princess

Layla speed for the halls of her school dodging everything and everyone. As she passed a few people glared at her. It wasn't rare for Layla to do this. Her brown eyes were widened and her ruby red lips slightly parted in fear maybe.

Across the hall Mason was fetching books from his locker. Layla darted to the other side and pressed her back against the wall.

Mason spotted her and made his way over to his younger sister. Who was lightly panting, her face slightly red and eyes still widened in panic.

"Again?" Mason murmured leaning on the wall next to her. Layla nodded her caramel hair falling in front of her face. "What did you see?"

"The desert and a jackal was siting there watching me it felt so real." Layla said but after a short pause she added. "It was in Egypt." Mason's face went blank from any emotion. Layla sensed this and looked at him confused.

"Anubis the god of embalming." Mason said not meeting Layla's glance.

"I'm going to die aren't I?" Layla asked looking at the ground before glancing back up at Mason.

"If it was Osiris I would say yes but Anubis I don't know." Mason said sighing. Layla clung onto every word and nodded looking at the floor. Her eyes dulled . "Layla did Anubis try to tell you something?" Mason asked she looked back up. Her hands travelled to her neck undoing something.

"Not with words but in the vision he gave me this." Layla pulled a golden locket shaped as the Eye of Horus from around her neck. "But I've had this since I was six." she said making a fist around the locket.

"I know you'll figure it out." Mason said patting his sisters head. She ducked away giggling softly. The school bell went off they nodded to each other. Before going their own ways.

(Layla's Dream)

"Senenmut when is mother coming home?" a young girl said tugging on the sleeve of an older man.

"Soon Princess." he said.

"Not soon enough."

"Your mother will be home soon." Senenmut said calmly. The girl crossed her arms over her chest but nodded.

The girl looked similar to Layla but her skin and hair was darker however their eyes were the same muddy brown. She also appeared slightly younger than Layla.

"Isn't Auntie Ahhotep visiting today?" Senenmut looked at the girl sharply. She edged away bowing her head respectfully in apology.

"Princess Neferure are you bored?" he asked coldly the girl Neferure nodded. Looking up at him grinning.

Senenmut sighed running a hand through his hair.

"Princess why don't you go visit your grandmothers?" he suggests. Neferure however winkled her nose at the idea.

"She always braids my hair." she complains. "both of them."

"Okay why don't you go play with Thutmose?" Senenmut tries Neferure shook her head looking at him horrified. "What happened?"

"His maid said he's the Pharaoh and mother is a nothing, but mother is the Pharaoh and I'm the Pharaoh's daughter. Aren't I?"

"Yes you are she had no right." he said the sound of bells filled the hot sticky air. A grin came on Neferure's face as she broke into run.

Down several stairs even more sweat appeared on her tanned skin but Neferure didn't mind.

Outside the Castle a carriage was being pulled in. Everyone but Neferure dropped to there knees as the carriage pulled by camels entered the castle courtyard.

"Neferure!" Senenmut hissed on his knees the young princess dropped down. The hot sand stuck to her legs which were sticky from sweat. The heat on her legs caused Neferure to wiggle. Senenmut glared at her but she didn't see. He nudged her to stop but she burst up. Senenmut shot a hand out to catch her but Neferure saw it coming and leaned away before running forward.

The Pharaoh Hatshepsut was exiting her carriage. When she was almost knocked down by her young daughter hugging her knees.

"Mother I missed you!" Neferure cried.

"I missed you too my little Princess of Egypt."

(End of Dream)

"Layla wake up." Katie nudged her awake. Layla sat up rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

"What did I miss?" she asked Katie giggled.

"You were asleep for two minutes Lay. What did it feel like two hours?" Katie asked still giggling. Layla looked in her hand at the locket.

"Yeah."