Chapter 5

"Anubis." Layla said holding the pendent in her hand. She felt a prickling in her mind. Layla dropped the pendent only for it to fall back on her chest.

"Layla?" Katie asked shaking her but Layla couldn't see her, she couldn't see anything in fact. The classroom was just a circle of colours. Her vision cleared to a man in front of her.

Well he was a man only he had a jackals head and a human body.

"You called Lady Neferure." he said Layla tried to step back but her body refused to move ."You have no reason to fear me."

"I'm not Neferure!" Layla finally said.

"Your wrong my lady." Anubis said. "You are Princess Nefeure." Layla couldn't find any words her mouth was dry.

"Stop scaring her Anubis." a woman said from behind her. Layla leapt to the side her body suddenly able to move again.

The woman smiled to her warmly. "Princess Neferure your back." she said. Anubis snorted and the woman shot a glare at him.

"Okay fine."

"Who are you?" Layla asked looking at the woman who smiled again.

"I am Hathor goddess of love, and my lady you might want to look more closely at yourself." Hathor said Layla looked at my hands. Hathor was right they were a darker tan and her arms weren't as boney as she remembered.

"You are Neferure!" the gods said in union Layla's mouth went dry again but one word managed to escape her mouth.

"Why?" she asked Anubis shrugged.

"We don't know as usual all we know is you are important to this time Neferure." Anubis said "Otherwise you wouldn't be reborn."

"Travel to Egypt you will find the answers there." Hathor told her smiling still.

Katie knew that Layla was changing and not for the better. As her best friend looked into the distance her normally innocent naive brown eyes were wiser and looked older than ever. Layla looked older and Katie knew what was happening.

Layla was becoming Neferure!

"Anubis." Layla said only it didn't sound like Layla. Her new voice had a heavy accent to it.

"Don't awaken the princess!" Katie heard her mother hiss. Katie looked around the room only to see nothing had changed. "Get her to Egypt now!"

This was the reason Katie was born to kill the reborn princess.

This was her only chance to please her mother.