52

( SOLUTION )

DAPHNE
ALLEN'S HOUSE
[ ☼ ]

Emmanuel/Castiel is removing the gag and ropes binding Daphne. "That creature hurt you." Emmanuel says.

"I'm okay. But, Emmanuel... They were looking for you." Daphne says.

"It's okay." Emmanuel says to Dean. "I'm Emmanuel." He holds out his hand and Dean shakes it.

"Dean. I'm...Dean. And this is Elena."

"Thank you for protecting my wife."

"Your wife. Right." Dean says.

"I saw his face. His real face."

"He was a demon." Says Dean.

"A demon walked the Earth."

"Demons. Whackloads of them. You don't know about...?" Dean says.

Daphne turns to Emmanuel. "You saw the demon's true face. Emmanuel has very special gifts." She says.

"Yeah. I-I've heard that about... Emmanuel. That you can heal people up." Dean says. 

"I seem to be able to help to a certain degree. What's your issue?" Emmanuel asks.

"My brother."

HOSPITAL
[ ☼ ]

Sam is lying on the bed with his eyes closed. A firecracker pops and Sam starts. "Wake Up Little Susie" by the Everly Brothers plays. Hallucifer lights a firecracker and tosses it to the floor.

"You know, you're actually keeping it together better than I thought. Kind of... the way someone pinned under a bus keeps it together." Hallucifer says.

"None of this is real." Sam says.

"And yet... you know what really sucks?" Hallucifer tosses another firecracker. "It doesn't really matter. Because I won. Your madness won. I mean, look at you. It's hard to believe you were the guy that saved the world once." An Orderly, Marcus brings in a tray of food. "Mmm! Sammy. What'll be today? Maggots again... Or, uh, tapeworm?"

"Thanks." Sam says.

"Yeah, no problem. How you doing?" Marcus asks.

"Uh... little better. That girl, uh, Marin..." Sam starts.

"Look, I'm not really supposed to talk about it. Let's just say, unlike you, she didn't get here 'cause of no accident." Marcus says and Sam lies back down on the bed. Hallucifer lights another firecracker and laughs as Sam flinches.

CAR
[ ☾]

Dean is driving with Emmanuel in the passenger seat and Elena in the back. "So, Daphne – is that, uh, your wife?" Dean asks.

"She found me and cared for me." Emmanuel says.

"Meaning?" Dean asks.

"Oh, it's a...strange story. You may not like it." Emmanuel says.

"Believe me, we will." Elena says.

"A few months ago, she was hiking by the river, and I wandered into her path, drenched and confused, and... unclothed." Emmanuel says. "I had no memory. She said... God wanted her to find me."