Chapter 1

Serenity's POV
I looked down, at my broken phone which was on the floor. It was only a flip phone but it was the only electronic thing my father would let me have.
After my mother died which was five years ago he had gotten cold, well worse . My father was not a nice man, he never was he would beat my mother and that made me unstable. Seeing my mother so broken down and ashamed made me feel the same way, and that's how I feel now.
I look back at my father who was no longer standing in front of me but was on the floor, clutching his chest as he tried to breathe in the smokey air that was made by a cigar he had just lit. He tried to say my name, he tried to ask for help but all I could do was stand there looking down at his helpless body, but I looked for his phone anyway and soon I found it and I dial the numbers 911...
(*)

"Miss, I'm sorry to say this but, you're father is dead."
The nurse said with a sad tone and a solemn look on her face, I look her in the eye, then I nod.
He was really dead?
I thought,
What do I do now, how will I live?
By this time the nurse had walked away, leaving me alone to think this over. I soon walked out of the hospital and back home, which was only a few blocks away from there.
Stepping inside the house felt different, it felt like I was finally alone. I fall to my knees and start to cry, for reasons I don't understand. The tears fall down my cheeks as I try to stop it but it only gets worse and I lean up against a wall and close my eyes, welcoming the darkness.

( a/n): Ok so I had this idea for a new book and I wanted to start it, I'll try to get the next chapter up as soon as I can, but if you want to read more please like or comment, thanks!