Chapter 1.3

Maine was walking hurriedly toward the parked car with Erwin a few steps behind her. She was still pissed off but she's hoping the food inside the paper bag would lift her mood.

As she was climbing inside the vehicle, she noticed a folded piece of paper stuck to the sole of her flipflops. She lifted her foot and took the offending piece of paper off her.

She was about to leave it on the pavement when she noticed that the paper was scented, and that something was written in it. She unfolded it and quickly scanned the content.

She decided to keep it.

Erwin was looking at a pretty girl outside the window. He was clueless about what just happened.

-----

Richard was looking for something.

After he paid at the cashier, he put his wallet back inside his back pocket. It was then that he realized that the letter was missing.

"Miks, may nakita ka bang papel dito?," he asked.

"Wala naman. Bakit, ano ba yun?"

"Basta. Wala talaga dito? Hindi nahulog nung bumaba ako?," he continued.

"Wala nga. Kung meron eh d sana sinabi ko na sa'yo."

He stopped to think. Did he leave it at home?

"Ay, baka naiwan ko sa bahay. Hanapin ko na lang pag-uwi ko. Alis na tayo ha," he said as he drove away.

-----

The two women were scratching their heads merrily, excited over what they just witnessed.

"That was a near-miss," the younger of the two said.

"Yes," the older one replied, "yes, it was. Sayang oh."

"Pero, remember, nasa kanya yung letter," Rio said, her eyes twinkling with delight.

"One of these days, babasahin ng apo ko yun para sa'yo," Lola Mameng replied with a warm smile.

~ End of Chapter ~