Prologue

Artemis watched as one of her best Hunters was scratched across the chest, fatally wounding her. The Nemean Lion was proving to be quite the enemy. Upon seeing one of the best Huntresses fall, Artemis unleashed her rage. Soon the Nemean Lion was no more.

She quickly dismissed all the other Huntresses and knelt beside the injured one.

"Artemis," the injured Huntress whispered.

"Yes, Nyx." Artemis comforted the Huntress known as Nyx.

Nyx shook her head, "Are you not angry? I have broken the oath. I bore a child."

"You were tricked by Hades. I cannot blame you." Artemis's pitying gaze looked down on the injured Huntress. Hades on the other hand, he was going to feel her wrath. She thought to herself.

Suddenly, Nyx clutched onto Artemis's hand. "The child," Nyx rasped. Her breaths were becoming shorter every second. "Zoe Nightshade has the girl. Please, Artemis, take care of her. Promise you will take care of her."

"I promise," Artemis assured her. And with that Nyx let out a sigh of relief-her last breath.

Artemis buried her in silence. The whole forest appeared to be grieving.

When she had returned to the Hunters, she asked Zoe Nightshade to accompany her into the woods.

"The child, where is she?" Artemis demanded.

"Ah, yes. I figured you would ask that." Zoe replied. She led Artemis quite deep into the forest until they came upon a silver tree. "It is a magic tree. All monsters are repelled from it."

Then someone spoke.

"Hello Zoe." Each syllable was pronounced carefully. Artemis looked up to see a little girl at around the age of two siting on one of the higher branches. The girl's eyes were very dark, almost black; just like Nyx's. The girl's hair, however, was the exact opposite. The girls hair looked like a shaft of moonlight when it was lit only by the glows of the stars. Nyx's hair had blended in with the shadows

"Hello there," Zoe responded. "This is Lady Artemis. Can you say Lady Artemis."

The girl said something that sounded like 'little miss' and looked at Artemis expectantly as if she expected Artemis to tell her if she said it right or wrong.

Artemis shrugged and told the girl that she could call Artemis whatever she want.

"What is the girls name?" Artemis inquired Zoe.

Zoe took a deep breath before saying: "Her name is Kynthia, according to Nyx."

"We shall introduce her to the other Hunters and train her as if she had already made the contract."

"Yes M' Lady." Zoe replied before helping the girl down from the tree.