dreams

Tristan and Abby were soon on their way to his home state and they were truly leaving nothing behind. The other boys had no problem with the new face on the trip. There was three more stops before they got to go home but Abby was in no position to complain. She was perfectly happy to finish the "road trip" with them.

 One night, after there second to last show, the group of teens were heading back to their hotel room. It was an hour away and Abby fell asleep in the car, her head against Tristan's shoulder comfortably. She looked so peaceful and that's the moment when Tristan knew he had to protect her, he saw beauty within that she never did and he'd do anything to protect that. 

The cars stopped and Tristan was pulled out of his daze. He looked up to three pairs of eyes. "What?" The guys in the cars just smirked causing him to blush crimson. Everybody climbed out of the car, leaving Tristan to wake up the sleeping girl. "Abigail." He whispered softly into her ear. She stirred, but Abby didn't wake up. "Wake up baby girl." He whispered. At this Abby's dark lashes fluttered revealing her shocking blue eyes. "Come on we're here." 

Abby sat up and  rubbed her eyes. She gave him a sweet smile unbuckling her seat belt. Tristan smiled back and the two climbed out of the car. The guys were already up to the two rooms rushing to pick their spots left the other two by themselves. The driver got back in the car after wishing them a good afternoon before driving off. "How many rooms and beds are there this time?" The last stop there was only one bed, it was a nightmare. He told her there was four beds and two rooms, two beds per room.

Tristan and Abby shared one room and the other two the other room. Once they laid down to bed for some reason Abby couldn't sleep. The room was completely silent so Abby thought the boy was asleep. So, she tiptoed to the bathroom and stripped down to take a shower. The warm water helped sooth the young girl's muscles and her brain. While she bathed she thought of the last four weeks and how much life had changed for her. Then she thought of the boy in the room outside and couldn't stop thinking about him. How kind and gentle he was with her. Most semi-famous people become jerks but he was kind to everyone.

She turned off the water and just stood there for a second. "Why the hell did you ever pick me?" Abby sung the sleeping with sirens lyric to herself quietly. She stepped out of the tub to dry off and get dressed. She slipped on some blue basketball shorts and a hoodie Joshua had lent her the second night she was with them. It was black with white lettering that read obey. Gathering her clothes Abby crept out of the bathroom. She put the clothes on her bed and looked over at Tristan.

 "Why the hell DID you ever pick me?" Abby asked the sleeping boy.

"Because you're not only the most beautiful girl I've ever seen, you're also the most troubled and broken. But mostly I just knew you'd be perfect for me." he stopped for a second before continuing. "Like a puzzle piece."

 Tristan rolled over to see tears rolling down Abby's cheeks. Her bottom lip quivered as she couldn't help but to smile. "I can't sleep," was all that the girl could say. 

"Me neither. Wanna lay with me to see if that makes it any better?" Abby nodded and crawled into the bed with him. He wrapped his strong arms around her and she was instantly asleep. Tristan chuckled slightly and slowly drifted off to sleep himself.