Part 15

Youngjun and the other members of Infinite arrived at SBS and were escorted to their waiting room and staging area to get ready for the recording. They had already finished dressing and greeted the other guests when Woohyun called out to Youngjun "Hey, Hyung! When is Sunggyu supposed to get here?"

Just then, the door opened and Sunggyu entered with both Dawn and Jongyeop in tow. The entire group immediately dropped what they were doing and rushed over to greet the President.

"Mr. President" Youngjun nervously stuttered. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to support my guys" he replied with a smile. "You guys finish getting ready. I'm going to go and greet the producers." Then he turned to Sunggyu and Dawn and said "Sunggyu, you should go and greet the other guests. Dawn, could you please escort him?"

"Yes, Mr. President" Dawn and Sunggyu replied in unison.

Youngjun was confused, but he let it slide. The President had shown up unexpectedly at other recordings, so it wasn't unusual.

Dawn and Sunggyu left the room and walked down the hall to the other guests' waiting area. Sunggyu knocked on the door and proceeded to greet the guests one by one. Finally, there was only one room left. As they were walking towards the room they heard a voice call out from behind them.

"Dawn-san?"

Dawn stopped dead in her tracks and nervously turned around. She hoped that she wouldn't see who she thought was there, but hope wasn't in her favor as she came face to face with her late husband's band mates. Her eyes widened in shock. "What are you doing here?" she stuttered.

The two men approached them and addressed Dawn casually in Japanese. "Didn't you hear? We are here promoting our comeback."

"Comeback? You are performing again?"

"Yeah, we just finished our Japanese promotions and are working on our Korean promotions now."

Dawn smiled halfheartedly. "So, you found a new singer? That's great!" She tried her best to sound happy for them, but they could tell she was saddened by the news.

The guys looked at one another and then one of them placed a hand on her shoulder. When Sunggyu saw this, he immediately rushed to her side and jealously pulled her away from them.

The guys were surprised by his actions so they asked Dawn "Who is this?"

"My name is Kim Sunggyu" he replied. "Who are you?"

The guys were surprised that Sunggyu understood what they were saying. "We are her friends. My name is Eiichi and this is Minoru. I have to say, your Japanese is very good."

"It should be, considering I taught him" Dawn replied. "Where are the others?"

"They are in the waiting room" Eiichi replied.

"I'm sure they'd be happy to see you. Why don't you come and say hi" Minoru suggested.

"We were actually on our way there" she said as she looked at Sunggyu. "Sunggyu is actually going to be a guest on the show as well. We were coming to greet you."

Sunggyu bowed "I'm sorry, please forgive my rude behavior."

"Don't worry about it" Eiichi replied. "We would have done the same if we thought someone was mistreating her. Come with us, the guys will be happy to see you."

Eiichi and Minoru took the lead and brought them to the room. "Guess who we ran into" Minoru announced as he entered the room. The four men in the room looked up and were shocked to see Dawn.

Dawn took a deep breath before looking at the guys. When she finally looked up, she almost fell over.

"What's the matter?" Sunggyu asked as he helped her regain her balance.

"Hello, Onee-san" one of the men said as he stood up.

"Keisuke?" Dawn stuttered. "What... are you... doing here?"

Keisuke smiled as he approached her. "The guys came to me for some advice because they wanted to perform again, but didn't know what they should do."

"And?" she asked nervously.

"So I talked it over with them and decided that I should follow in my brother's footsteps" he replied.

Dawn nearly fell over once more, but both Sunggyu and Keisuke caught her. They led her over to the couch and sat her down. Then Keisuke turned and addressed Sunggyu "May I ask who you are?"

"I'm sorry" Sunggyu said as he bowed. "I'm Infinite's leader Kim Sunggyu."

"And how is it that you came with her?"

Sunggyu became flustered by the question. He didn't know what to say to them.

"He is my boyfriend" Dawn said straightforwardly.

The entire room looked at her in shock. Then Keisuke asked "Your... what?"

"You heard me. He is my boyfriend."

Sunggyu began tugging at her arm. "What are you doing?" he whispered anxiously.

Dawn looked up at him and said "Sunggyu, this is my brother in law Keisuke."

Sunggyu looked at Keisuke and collapsed next to Dawn on the couch. "Brother in law?"

Keisuke looked at Sunggyu and smiled. "It is a pleasure to meet you" he said as he offered his hand.

Sunggyu immediately stood and bowed "The honor and pleasure is mine, sir."

Keisuke and the guys all laughed. Then Keisuke placed a hand on Sunggyu's shoulder and said "You don't have to be so formal with me."

"But..."

"You don't need to worry about formalities. I'm not here as the Emperor right now" Keisuke chuckled. "Besides... if you are her boyfriend, you don't need to worry about formalities with me."

"Thank you Otouto-chan" Dawn said with a smile.

Keisuke looked at her and said "I told you I would always support your decision... and I always will."

Dawn stood up and said "Then I guess we should be going."

The guys immediately voiced their disapproval. "That isn't fair! We haven't even had a chance to talk with you guys!"

Dawn smiled "Don't worry; there will be plenty of time for that later." Then she turned to Keisuke and said "Things will probably get complicated. We..."

"Don't worry, Dawn" Keisuke interrupted as he hugged her "you are my sister, no matter what. If he is the one you've chosen, then I approve. Do what you have to do. I will stand behind you all the way."

"Thank you" she choked back her tears.

Dawn and Sunggyu bid their farewells and returned to Infinite's waiting room.