Chapter 4.

Pete stood at the door silently and looked into the room. Joe was leaning up against a wall and was acting like nothing happened. Andy sat at the drums, a little shaken but that was it. Pete looked around to make sure nothing els was happening. One thing caught his attention. There was a bloodstain on the floor that was quite fresh. The thing that scared him the most is that he couldn't find Patrick. Was he hurt? Was this his blood? Was he dying? Was he even here? All these thoughts ran through Petes head like a bullet.

"Hey uh, Joe, do you know where Patrick is?" Pete said concerned. Joe looked back at Pete and opened his mouth to speak. "Oh yeah, he's just in the bathroom. He was fixing up the mic stand and it was to tall for him. He had tried lowering it but the whole thing just fell on top of him and hit his face. He had a pretty bad bloody nose." Pete sighed in relief, but still felt a bit hurt. He really felt bad when Patrick was hurt. It made his chest feel like it was being tied in thousands of knots. 

Looking around to try and clear his mind, Pete saw a sign that led to the bathrooms. He was hesitant at first, but he really wanted to see if Patrick was ok. Knowing this would probably end bad, Pete took a few steps forward into the direction on the signs. Taking another deep breath, he started to run. He ran as fast as he could down the hallway. Looking to his right, he saw a sign that had the boys bathroom logo. Without a second thought, Pete ran to the door. He slammed his hand hard on the doorknob and turned it. The door swung open causing Pete to lose his balance and fall.

He closed his eyes and prayed that Patrick didnt get hit. Opening his eyes slowly, he could see the young man in the fedora standing at the sink. His nose still had blood pouring out. Pete could feel his heart shrink as Patrick looked down at him. His face looked shocked and scared at the same time. "Pete what are you doing? Get up! Are you hurt?" Patrick said, trying his best to smile. Pete nodded, lifting his heavy body up. it was a bit awkward for both of them since Patrick was still bleeding a bit.

Pete laughed a little, then looked at the ground. he felt like such an idiot. running into the room? how much of an idiot am i? he thought. looking back at Patrick he opened his mouth. "hey... i heard you got hit in the face by somethin, are you feeling... uhm.." before he could finish, Patrick wiped his nose with his arm, and the blood wiped across his face. he smiled a bit, not knowing that his face looked like something got murdered on top of it.

not wanting to be rude, Pete got closer to Patrick, looking him in the face. He put his arm out and rubbed his face, trying to get the rest of the blood off. His nose stopped bleeding a bit, but still had a little blood running down. Patrick pushed Pete's arm out of the way. shocked, Pete looked back at Patrick who gave a disappointing look. "i can take care of my face myself....thanks anyways..."
Pete felt confused...but ignored it.