Chapter 6

• Dedicated to A Girl I Used to Call A Friend.

Chapter 6
.
"You 'uh just' what?" Maddie snaps. "Paige I have a group of people waiting for me. If this is some joke then just-"
"-Paige says desperate for a cooler boyfriend and that you're a jerk. She told me that you're always flirting with Nick and that she thinks she might just ditch you." I blurt, clasping my hand over my mouth. I might have made up that last part, but the rest of the rumor is mostly true.
"And why should I trust you?" Maddie snarls.
All of a sudden I'm overcome with emotion, and I burst into tears. With my head in my hands, I sit down on the bench.
Maddie snaps. She is suddenly done with Paige, and she believes me. The girl I haven't talked to since the fifth grade sits down on the bench next to me. She hug me and puts her chin on my shoulder. "It's okay, Chlo." She soothes.
Chlo.
How great it feels to hear someone call me that again.
"Maddie?" I hiccup.
"Yes?" She replies softly.
"How do you feel about Paige now?" I ask tentatively. If she says she 'loves her' I think I'll lie in the road in front of a bus.
"I hate her. She's a backstabber." Maddie replies fiercely, but quietly.
"Good." I nod, and hug her back.
Day 5: Mission accomplished.
.