Chapter 5

• Dedicated to A Girl I Used to Call A Friend.

Chapter 5

.

"Woahhh, we're halfway there," Kendall sings comically off-key into the Guitar Hero microphone.

"Woooah! Livin' on a prayer!" I sing back.

.

I'm jolted awake by my alarm.

My dream reminds me of real life though, somehow. Maybe because I'm halfway to Day 10, when my tormentor's life is ruined. I hope that readers don't think I'm a bully; I'm really not. I just need my revenge, like anyone else. Taylor Swift writes songs, I tell rumors. I pray that they spread. And juicy ones like the ones I know spread the butter on toast.

.

When I get to school, I sit through the agonizingly long math class before lunchtime, practically ripping my hair out in frustration. Everything is on the line here today; Will Maddie believe me?

The class bell finally rings and it's all I can do not to scream 'Hallelujah!'

As everyone else in the grade streams down the hallway to the lunchroom like a school of fish, I fight the current, heading the girl's bathroom.

When I open the door, Maddie re-caps her lipgloss and smears her lips together. I don't even wear lipgloss. In fact, Paige didn't either until Nick and Maddie came along and replaced me.

Maddie sneers at me evilly, "So what's this big secret you have to tell me?" the girl asks as she strolls slowly toward me in an intimidating fashion.

I swallow a lump in my throat,

"I-uh-I just...

.