Chapter 4

It's been ages, I know. Shoot me. I could say I'm sorry but I've started my GCSEs and homework and controlled assessments are taking my life, which would be true. But I think I mainly haven't uploaded for a while because I have an unhealthy addiction to The X Factor, Hollyoaks and Waterloo Road. And because I hate you all. (Joke.)

* If anyone read this and it was completely in German (about my best friend, Hudson the Hamster and meine idealer Partner), I'm sorry. I copy and pasted the wrong thing. I have a pratice controlled assessment coming up and yeah . . . I'm currently writing my friend's for her. I REALLY hope she doesn't work out that I wrote her brother's a drug addict, I'm her soulmate and her ideal partner is a woman . . .

(Ricky Martin's over there, so you know who I'm on about.) >>>>>

______________________________________________________

Chapter 4 - Ricky Martin’s GAY?

Berrylicious smoothies are not suitable to eat, it turned out. Thank God Adriana hadn't plastered some on me before she spent the night in the bathroom.

At least I got my bed back!

"You look nice," Ade said, standing in the doorway, eyeing me up and down.

"You look terrible," I replied, eyeing her up and down.

"I feel it," she muttered and slouched down on my bed.

"I'm meeting Mason in town," I said nonchalantly. Bad move.

She started to jump up and down, breathing heavily. "This is your moment! Ah, I'm so excited! This is going to be AWESOME!"

"We're just friends," I muttered. Though I wasn't even sure we were that. I'd talked to him for what, five minutes? I wondered why he'd invited me to go to town with him.

She rolled her eyes. "I don't even know if he's gay. And he doesn't know that I am, so it's hardly a date or anything!" I bit her head off and she just smiled.

"Have fun on your date, I'm going home," she laughed, but still looked terribly sick. I was actually glad that she was ill - otherwise she'd most likely follow me.

I met Mason outside McDonald's. He was already there when I arrived and greeted me with a short 'hi'.

It was at that moment that I realised how awkward this while scenario would be. I barely knew the guy, for God sake!

"Hey, I'm sorry, but my cousin kind of invited himself along…" Mason shifted awkwardly.

WHAT?

"Oh, hey, Mark," I said as politely as possible, as I saw him approach us.

"Hi," he said roughly. The three of us stood awkwardly.

"How's Ade?" Mark muttered.

"Like you care," I replied.

He shrugged.

"Let's go," Mason pulled us down the high street. He had a soft touch. It was nice.

Conversation was minimal. It was mainly introduced by Mason, talking about meaningless crap. I couldn't care less – I was too wrapped up in making Mark feel bad.

"It's Adriana's birthday next week, Marko, what are you getting her?" I asked him. He ignored me. "She was really looking forward to that bottle of perfume she asked you for two months ago, you know. She was excited about her birthday in general, actually: a big party with friends, with her boyfriend…"