Chapter 6: Training

Today is training with Katniss... I'm dreading going into the arena. Katniss told us a hint as to what the arena is but didn't tell us what it really is.

"Katniss, can't you just tell me what it is? I need to know what to do." I beg.

"I can't, and begging isn't gonna work." She says. Eeran, her and Peeta's son, runs in and latches onto her leg. "Eeran, what are you doing?"

"Mommy, I don't want to stay with Effie. She's annoying." He whispers the last part.

I bust out laughing. "Katniss, if you tell me the arena, I'll watch Eeran until I go into the arena."

"No, like I said, I can't tell you. Anyway, you need to train." She says strictly. "Eeran, where is Nymel?"

"She is sleeping." He answers.

"Go join her for your nap."

"But!" He starts to protest.

She gives him a warning look and he bows his head in shame, walking away. Once he is gone she takes me to the training area. I pick up a bow.

She chuckles. "What?" I ask.

"You're holding it wrong."

"Oh." I say embarrassed.

She fixes it and hands me an arrow. I load the bow. "Aim for that." She points to the dummy's heart.

I pull the arrow back and aim. I let it go and it flies straight into the dummy's heart.

"Damn." I hear her mumble. I chuckle and load another letting it fly into where the dummy's brain would be.

"You are awesome!" She says as the third arrow takes down a large bag.

"Thanks." I smile genuinely.

After training, we go to the dinner table. Trey is looking down at his lap.

"Hey, Trey." I smile.

He doesn't look up. "I want you guys to not talk or anything until you find each other in the arena." Peeta says simply.

"What? Why?"

"To make the meeting and the first talk more emotion filled." I nod. Of course, the star-crossed lovers thing.

"Oh." I reply. I can tell Trey is debating whether or not to say something to me. He opens his mouth to say something, but instead shuts his mouth and keeps his gaze on his hands in his lap.

He looks so miserable. I sigh. Please be okay, Trey. My thoughts are full of wondering if he is okay and what he is thinking.