Chapter 7

-Molly's POV-

I fully expected to return and find the wagon's windows steamed up from Jen and Nick taking full advantage of their alone time, I couldn't wait to fill her in on the happenings of my little outing with Joe and our almost kiss. It was already turning dark when we pulled up behind the g-wagon, the trucks headlights illuminating the inside of the wagon enough to see Jen and Nick sitting on opposite ends of the back seat seemingly ignoring one another...what the Hell.

"Do you guys know how to change a tire? Mike questioned as he put his truck into park.

Joe gave Mike a shrug of his shoulders. "Not really, no" he admitted slightly embarrassed.

"I know how" I confessed earning me a cocked brow from Joe.

"You know how to change a tire?" Joe questioned.

I nodded "Not all of us have a crew on payroll to do everything" I teased feeling a tug on my shirt from little Emma.

"He is Joe on Disney" she informed me.

I smiled and nodded in confirmation.

"He sure is" I said "Do you watch Jonas?"

"My big sister loves the other one." She said "I watched it before but I like Phinneus and Ferb better."

I smiled, this kid and I would get along, Phinneus and Ferb was awesome. "I like that show too" I said "Which other one does your sister like?"

"So you are one of those Disney stars?" Mike questioned turning to Joe.

"Daddy...he is a Jonas" she said as if her dad was ridiculous for not knowing.

"Is that so?" Mike said grinning at Joe "Well then, you wouldn't happen to have Nick with you would you?" Mike questioned sounding hopeful.

"Actually yea he is waiting in the wagon" Joe said pointing towards our broken down vehicle.

Mike cocked a brow. "You wouldn't by chance be willing to swing towards our house for a few minutes in exchange for the free tire and change would you? I could sure use the cool dad points with my older daughter."

I giggled. "Sure, we can do that" I said speaking for Joe "it’s the least we could do for all your help."

Mike's face lit up and he turned around to tickle Emma's knee causing her to giggle wildly. "Your sister is going to have a fit"

"Is the other one coming to our house?" She asked her voice inflection rising to a high pitch with excitement.

I nodded. "The other ones name is Nick," I said with a smile "would you like to meet him?"

Emma nodded excitedly as a smile spread across her face. Joe opened his door allowing me to hop out before I lifted Emma down from the truck.

I walked with her little hand in mine over to the wagon before knocking on Nick's window.

"Hi there" Nick said after opening the door "what is your name?"

"Emma" she said proudly "you are coming over to my house to play"

Nick cocked a brow at Joe. “We are?” he questioned more towards Joe than Emma.

“Yes, you are” I answered “Emma’s dad Mike was generous enough to pick us up, he has a spare he is going to give us and help me change the tire…and his older daughter just happens to be a big fan of yours so we pimped you out for payment” I said with a smirk.

Nick chuckled “Nice”

“Why don’t you take Emma over in the field away from the road and catch lightening bugs or something to keep her entertained while we fix the tire.” I suggested