Chapter 2

First Day wasn't as bad as I thought. I was with Amanda and her 'followers' they all dressed in the same designer brand as Amanda. She was their Jesus and they were her followers.
Amanda was my Fathers best friends daughter. Mr.Hansen was just like my Father but more lenient.My father was old school. Didn't like to talk to 'commoners' had the perfect reputation and always had the latest brands.
It was a shock that he even married my mother. Both my parents were from old money but my Mother wanted to be an author not carry on my familys legacy but she did. She carried on her family's business. I've always looked up to her.
My brother Max was my Fathers perfect child. He played laccrosse and basketball, entered Yale and now does busines with my Uncle James in London. I wasn't his perfect child yet always dreamed to be.
Every Summer when I would attend his business parties, I would wear Zuhair Murad gowns and always talked with the perfect sweet American Sweetheart voice yet it was still not enough. I was a girl. I was a burden. He tried to put money and brands in my face to make me happy even though I know inside he doesn't need me.Who would want a daughter who doesn't know the difference between red and pink.
____________________________________

"Miss you're dinners ready would you like to come downstairs or shall I..."
"Will you knock what if I had someone inside or I was getting dressed. I'm coming now. God. I hate maids." Yes it's true I'm a stuck up bitch but who can blame me I'm a Cunningham. I've been home schooled till I was 15 had a year in a private school in New York then came here to LA. How can I not be like this .

____________________________________

"Would you like me to close the lights or are you okay?"
"Just go Rodriguez" Rodriguez was my maid my Father had 3 other maids in the house and a butler.
As Rodriguez left the room I slipped out of bed and placed om my uggs. I know they're out of style but who's going to see me.
I opened my bedroom door and quietly walked down the spiral steps and into my Fathers office on the second floor
"There must be something here about Max " Yes I was looking for paperwork about Max. Yes I'm jealous who wouldnt he has his own company the Max. C . He named it by the way. As I looked at all the paperwork in my Fathers drawers I came across a few which had my name.
"Mel are you in there?" Oh no.....
The lights switched on and I couldn't hide.
"Give me them papers young lady or else no Credit Card."
"They're addressed to me so they mine"
"Come with me to my room we need to talk"I had never been in my Fathers room. No one has not even the maids only Max.
___________________________________

"Sit down Melissa, these papers they urm...." I sat down on the leather chair across my father's desk. He was staring at them papers.
"I think I should open them because .... well you'll see. Just remember these papers don't decide your life. They just reports, also I need to tell you these papers are the reason you're here with me instead of your mother having custody over you."
"Can you open them please Father" I was worried.What do these papers hold.
"When you had that test in New York with the doctor it wasn't a check up or a blood test or whatever you think it was.It was because... you had some signs of.... becoming blind. They think the fact that you're colour blind, it may become worse and you could loose your sight."
"You're joking.Just because I don't know what colour is what and see everything in shades of grey or in black ,I could loose my sight. " I screamed. I walked out of his office and straight to my room.

____________________________________