Chapter 1

Emma had a life that she enjoyed. Even if she was poor she had dreams. Her friends were Luke, Alice, Ella and James. They were best of friends and were together when they were young kids.

One day Emma was walking down the streets when she saw Ella, James and Luke talking in a sly way behind the street corners. Where was Alice she thought?

James with blonde hair and blue eyes stood straight and tall. Luke with black hair and brown eyes stood like a crouched down camel. His shoulder were hunched down but he was strong. Ella had long brown hair and her eyes were green. Emma thought she was beautiful. Emma had black hair with brown eyes, practically a normal looking girl.

You can say Ella and James are two love birds.

Since those two were young beautiful lads they couldn’t stop talking about how they were going to start.

Emma didn’t even  care about love. Luke tried to make Emma fall in love but nothing fascinated her. She didn't want to join them. She wanted to find Alice.

She walks around the streets searching for Alice. She finds her buying fruits, looking for the non-rotten ones. “Alice, Alice, Alice, always alone when I’m not with the others!” Alice stares at her, but smiles.

“I don’t like it when the others talk about you Emma. And you know that!”

“They were talking about me?”

Alice shrugs.

Alice kept moving and entered the cafe. Sat down at their best table. Emma followed her. As Emma sat down Alice began to talk.

“They always talk about you when you’re not there. They always say that you should love Luke, or hook up with someone and maybe even work a better job. So I leave them saying to them to stop talking about you and that she loves her own life like that and they never listen. Then when I move away from them, they change the subject of becoming rich and something like that. They’re up to something bad, I know it, I feel it!”

Emma just felt like crying, her friends never wanted to be rich, or do something bad for money. But she didn’t believe Alice. But kept it secret. “Ok Alice. I’ll see what their up to.”

Emma walks out the cafe and that’s when Luke taps her on the shoulder. She jumps and turns around giving Luke a slap. When she realized who it was she laughed.

“Sorry Luke, I didn't mean to hurt you!” she said in a sarcasm way.

“Thanks Emma. I appreciate that slap you gave me.”

Emma laughs harder.

“What do you want?” Emma asked

“Just wanted to tell you, to meet us at the mall tonight at 8pm!”

As he said this he ran off before Emma could say anything. Emma just stood there motionless, staring out on the empty street that was ahead of her.

She felt tired and wanted to go home. She wanted to see her mum and dad. As she walked home and opened the door her little brother Anthony jumped at her. He was yelling out so many things at once that she couldn't barely understand what he was saying.

“That’s enough Anthony!” snapped Emma’s mother.

“It’s alright. I didn’t understand what he said anyway.” said Emma.

Anthony walks up to her like a little baby.

“Guess what?” he said very slyly .

“What?”

“I..........GOT $100 POCKET MONEY! HORRAY!”

Emma’s ears popped. She felt that she was going to be deaf. Instead she laughs and her brother started jumping. What do you expect of a little 10 year old boy that can’t keep his voice low and yells and his 22 year old sister who just finished University?