Chapter 4 [Calumn]

Chapter 4 [Calumn]

“Good morning,” I walked towards the back of the room.

“Oh. Good morning.”

I smiled and pulled my chair out, lowering myself on the chair and then proceeding to put everything on the desk in front of me.

I had art class every day, since I had chosen to major in art. And every day, I would reclaim my seat next to Abelia Vinson, who wasn’t as quiet and close-minded as she seemed. I was quite surprised with the small talk we had yesterday, and that she actually responded for once.

I knew everyone expected me to be the really chatty and annoying type since I had ADD, but just because no words were coming out of my mouth didn’t mean that my mind stopped spinning. I tend to speak before I think (quite a lot) but I wasn’t absolutely lacking self-control. I just had a lot of ideas, and I felt like it would be a great idea to share them.

I was extremely determined to find out who “A” was. The writer. The introvert. The daydreamer. The poet. I needed to find him/her, and I wanted to find them soon. I just really hope I don’t get my hopes too high and get them crushed when I find out that this “wonderful person” is a 45-year-old-man.

There wasn’t much of a lead, but I guess I should probably start by eliminating the people I know, beginning from this class of art students. Art students seemed like an excellent group of dreamers, so that wasn’t that bad of an idea really.

Annie Wends – too much of a perfectionist to ever do anything so free and real, and her handwriting is perfect too. But if she actually began to use all her determination on something else, she could possibly create something just as wonderful, so maybe.

Alison Meyers – too infused with art and spends every other free moment of her day devoted to art, but only limited to drawing and painting. No room in her head for anything else.

Alora Price – too unfocused to be a reader of something classic like Alice in Wonderland, and her handwriting is over-the-top neat too.

Andy Lanes – a complete slacker who just happens to have a talent in art, limited to theatre, photography and drawing. An obvious no.

Alyssa Grails – she is infamous for eligible writing that absolutely no living person on the face of this earth can read, so that’s out. But she could be a strong possibility, considering how much she tends to write.

Andrew Quinn – he is the rushed and hurried worry-wreck who could not have possibly have spent a spare moment doing things like reading classics and writing beautiful things for leisure.

Abelia Vinson – She’s seems nice, but she doesn’t talk, she doesn’t write. I quite often wonder whether she chose to have her head emptied or was she just ignorant.

Aiden de la Peine – French foreign exchange student. I’m not sure if he can even speak English properly, so no.

Aaron Osborne – He’s kind of a stuck up and he only wins all the English awards because he’s a teacher’s pet, but an English award is an English award, so he could be a possibility.

Adrianne McKenna – She’s nice and regular; someone who I wouldn’t ever see could write something with such interesting views, but she is nice and her writing is decent, so possibly.

So that basically left me with Annie Wends, Alyssa Grails, Aaron Osborne, and Adrianne McKeever. Better to have something than nothing at all I guess.

=  =  =  =  =  =

“Hey Aaron, wait up.”

“Oh hey Calumn. What’s up?”

I put my arm around Aaron as an exaggerated version of showing how friendly I was because let’s face it, I’m hilarious. Or at least I thought so, and that was all that mattered anyway.