The Pauper

A/N: the picture is Angela. I know the wings are wrong, but oh well :/

The streets at night were always as cold as ice. The night was pitch black but I know the town well enough to find my way. 'Gurrrll' my stomach wasn't very happy with the way I was treating it. "Don't worry I'm getting you food now," I said to my stomach, patting it. I go to the area where all the restaurants are. Everyone I walk by glares at me, as if I'm their sworn enemy.

Every time someone sees these 'sinned' wings I get dirty looks. It doesn't help that I have white hair with one half shaved of. At first it was a prank when I was younger, but I decided to keep it. I was at school in the 1st grade. The other children thought it would be funny to cut my hair when I fell sleep at my desk. The only reason the teacher had them apologize to me is because it was part of their job. The kids' parents weren't to happy with the idea of having to apologize to someone like me, and because of it I got kicked out of school. They said they felt I was too dangerous, even accused me of insulting the other kids. They started it, I just finished it. 

I walked to an alleyway behind one of the restaurants. I climbed on top of the dumpster up to the window to peek inside. It was a fancy one and if you wanted in you'd have to make a reservation. I decided to skip it and peek inside another. It was a fast food place, one that if you said 'to go' they'd bring it up to the front counter and I'd have myself a meal, I'm glad I somehow scrounged enough money to probably get myself a large thing of fries, maybe even some chicken nuggets. 

I walk in through the front and stand in line for a couple of minutes, then the tall man with grayed wings and was wearing kind of douche bag clothes standing in front of me turned around and shouted, "I may not be as pure as most of you, but I will not eat in this place if I have to watch a sin eat the same food as me!" I glared at the floor. It's one of these guys. I put on a fake smile and look up at him, "don't worry, you won't have watch me eat. I'm getting a to-go order." At that he steps towards me and grabs the right side of my head that still had hair on it. I flinch when he pulls it. "I said, I will not be eating here if know someone like YOU is eating the same food!" He grits through his teeth, slightly spitting in my face, then throws me to the sticky floor and starts thrashing at me. Three workers from the back climbed up over the counter and grab the grey angel, holding him back, one of them rushing over to help me. "I'm sorry, Mrs. but I'm going to have to ask you to leave." The woman said trying to pull me up to my feet. It felt like there was something inside my head pounding against the walls, and something else stabbing my stomach before I passed out in the workers hands. 

Hey, author here, sorry this story was super short but the next one will be much longer.