The Princess

A/N: the picture is Skyler. I just didn't feel like drawing the wings:/

I open my eyes and see beautiful dark brown eyes with straight black hair dangling above me. I jump back falling off the bed to a carpeted floor. "Oh, you're awake! I was staring to get worried." The woman exclaimed.

"Wh-who are you? Where am I?" I crawl backwards and hit the wall with my wings, pain surges all over.

"You don't want to do that. The man hit you quite hard, when you fell you hit your head and he kicked your sides until they were bruised," the woman explained to me, "You're at my house. You weren't bad enough to go to the hospital so I took you to my place." She seemed way to happy about it.

"Where is your place?" I tried to keep my interrogation at minimum, but I was so confused as to why she was helping me.

"This is Nominex, I-"

"NOMINEX!?" I shouted cutting her off. "I can't be here! Why did you bring me here? You should obviously now I can't be here." I start frantically looking around the room for a way out, luckily rich people like a lot of windows. I dash for the window to my right, ignoring the pain the best I could. Just as I reach it the woman jumps in front of me and we fall down in a heap of tangled limbs and wings. Now she was on her hands and knees hovering over me. I put on a mean face and push her off, but before I could run again she grabbed my wrist pulling me down, landing on my ass.

"L-let me go! I have to get out of here." I do my best to wiggle out of her hand but she tightens her grip.

"If you leave you're going to get hurt again!" She screamed. "Plus you'll starve. The other reason you past out is because you hadn't eaten anything." I look at her, she was now in my face, thinking through my options. But I couldn't stay here. If somebody found me I would be thrown down to Earth  (A/N: it's like being exiled)  for sure. "I can't stay here. I have to leave." She stares at me intensely for a moment, but someone knocking on the door interrupted her thinking. She quickly threw me under her bed and rolled under too.

"Hello? I thought I heard voices in here. Skyler, if you're not at work you won't be able to leave this room since you like it in here so much." The man slams the door shut. She takes her hand off my mouth, which I didn't even realize was there because I was too terrified to breathe. She rolls back out from underneath the bed and stays on her knees looking over the bed making sure he was gone. I climb out trying not to hit my head on anything, "What was that about?!" I whisper/shout at her. She shushes me and waits a few more moments before speaking again.

"That was my dad... Look, I know you can't be seen here and if you do you'll be sent away, but I'm worried about you." I stare at her for a moment, confused, before responding.

"What are you saying? I'm a complete stranger and you're willing to let me hide in your room. I didn't know your name until your father barged unto your room!"

"And if you don't keep your voice down he's going to come back in," Skyler whispers. She looks at the ground for a minute, thinking I presume. "Come with me. I know a place we can talk where we won't be seen or heard." Still holding onto my wrist she stands up, pulling me along with, to on of the large windows and pulls at a handle letting a breeze of cold air run inside. I walk outside with her; she turns around closes the window and pulls me down to a large garden. It being midnight gave the place a more beautiful look of peaceful and serine quiet. Even the dandelions looked pretty.

She pulled me along as I look at all the different types of roses and other flowers. There was a large green house in the back corner of the huge garden filled with all kinds of different fruits and vegetables. Walking inside a dim automatic light turns on so I could just barely see Skyler's face. "I still don't know your name." She mentions with a slight gorgeous smile.

"Umm... m-my name is Angela." I force out, hoping my nervousness doesn't show in my voice."Okay look, I can't stay here." I said regaining my confidence. "I will most definitely be caught. Plus when I do you will also be punished." I stated sternly.

"I know, but what if-"

"No." I cut her off again. "If I get caught you will be sent down with me. Why are you so worried about me, a total stranger? All I'll bring you is problems and distress." There was a moment before she finally responded. She had a gloomy look on her face now. "Remember that job that I was working at?" She started. I gave her a confused face but nodded my head. "I wasn't forced to take that job or anything, I wanted to watch the social groups that are underneath our family, I know that's a horrible way of putting it but it's the only way I know how. You see, my mom and dad are very unsympathetic, they'd see a person sitting in front of an ally way or someone being mugged, they wouldn't do anything thing because it would 'destroy their social status.' But I don't want to be like them, I want to help people who need help, people like you, who aren't exactly excepted into society because of one measly difference." She then looked up at me and smiled.

I began to cry.

Everything that has happened in all my life, granted it's only been almost 18 years, I've never seen gratitude or kindness like this. This, pure angel, truly cared about the lowest class of society, she even brought me back to her house, even though it's completely dangerous. Skyler sat me down on the dirt ground and hugged me into her chest as I wrapped my hands around her back. We sat like that until we saw the sun shine over the pastel blue picket fence that surrounded the property. I woke up and saw that she was staring right into my eyes, and I stared into hers. My stomach started rumbling making me blush a little ruining the moment. "C'mon. Let's go inside and grab something to eat." She smiled sweetly staring back into my eyes. Skyler gently pushes me off her so she doesn't hurt me and reaches her hand out to me to help me up. I take it and we head back to the house.

Now that I was walking towards it I could it's true size. It was four stories tall with a black shingled roof and a darker tan for the main color with grey trim. It was almost scary, like a haunted house. Once we climb back into the window on the second story she heads over to the door and slowly opens it to check if anyone was outside in the hallway. "I think we'll be good for awhile." She turns around and jumps on her bed placed at the center of a wall with two small, wooden night stands next to it, playing on her phone. I find myself walking around the room looking at everything. There was a tall standing mirror with a wooden frame next to a desk with letters, a laptop, and a printer, for business I'm guessing. on the other side of the mirror was a makeup vanity with so many different types of everything I couldn't tell what was what. Across from the bed was an 80-inch TV, 'So big' sitting on a short TV stand with an Xbox and an old Wii console with a bunch of games and movies all piled together. On the pastel green wall, adjacent to the one with windows, was a door that had a bunch of pictures, stickers and posters on it, like every other wall and open space. "If you were wondering that's my closet. Its about half the size of my room."

"WHAT?!" I exclaim without realizing how loud I was. I cover my mouth and both of us stare at the door that was now opening...

A/N: Oh my god. This chapter was so long, I had no idea I could write this much. Also thank you to the 7 different people who have read this, I know that's not many but I was expecting none so... Anyway, back on topic! I don't update fast and I have so many different ideas for this story it's going to take awhile to update. But thank you and stay tuned to see what happens next XD!