not the best day

I turn to see Skyler running towards me at full speed. She very quickly, like, unangelically (yes, yes I did just do that) possible, opens the closet and quickly throws me inside. I flop on the floor hitting my wing into a couple pieces of clothing that fall on top of me. I move as quietly as possible and listen through the closet door.

"No! I said that you could work there as long as you took it seriously!" shouted a man I'm guessing was her dad. "You can't skip work whenever you want!"

"Something happened and they let all the workers go home. Me included!" Skyler shouted in her defense.

Skyler's POV:

I stepped away from the large, angry man standing in front of me. "Something happened and they let all the workers go home. Me included!" I shouted in my defense. I glanced over at the closet door, unintentionally making sure I had closed the door and Angela was safe from this angel who has way to much power and doesn't know what to do with it. This is normally how it goes, I do something 'undignified' that would potentially ruin his social status that he 'worked so hard to get', in all seriousness all he did to get where he is, is be alive. He uses the fact that he's a 'pure' angel to get whatever he wants, he's just like a child sticking out his bottom lip.

"I don't think I want you working there anymore! If someone finds out th-"

"THAT WHAT!?! YOUR DAUGHTER ACTUALLY TRIES TO ACKNOWLEDGE PEOPLE AND PROBLEMS OTHER THAN THEIR OWN!?!" I calmed down my voice a bit before beginning again, "at the job we had to pull an angel off of a sinned angel. He still wasn't giving up after that and was still kicking h-them. And because everyone thought they started it I had to kick them out of the restaurant. You wanna know what they did to deserve this?" I looked up at my father who still had a stern expression on his face. "They stood there in line peacefully, not bothering a soul, and the man whips around, grabs their hair, screams in their face saying he wouldn't eat there knowing that someone like her had eaten the same food. He then throws her to the ground and just starts wailing on her, no one but the people that worked there did anything about what happened." I now had tears of sympathy pushing at my eyes, begging to come out, my throat closing up. My dad looks down at me with a more pittied look.

"But, honey..." He sighed, then continued "They were just a sinned angel. The bottom of the bottom. They were probably going to steal the food anyways." He gives me a soft smile, like he thought that would make it better.

"Were you not listening to a word I was saying! And honestly I wouldn't blame them for stealing, with the way they were treated they probably have no chance of getting a job. With the way they are perceived I wouldn't anyone to expect to hire." I crossed my arms and glared at him. He got the message that he wasn't wanted, and left the room. I walked over to the closet and opened the door with a mass of black feathers falling onto the floor.

Angela's POV:

I hear footsteps leave the room, then silence when suddenly... I'm on the floor?

I look up to see Skyler's face red with tears streaming down sides of her cheeks. She puts her hand out to help me up and pulls me into a tight hug. This was the time when I've felt the most comfortable... just being with this gorgeous woman. She startles me with the words, "I'm sorry" Still sobbing out the words saying it over and over again. I hold this stranger that I've known forever as close to my heart as possible, 'I'm never letting go' I thought to myself. She tries to pull away, but before she could I tighten my hold, digging my face into the crook of her neck. I started crying again. Why do I let out my problems to her? I met her only yesterday.

She somehow pulls me away from her. I stare at her admiring her beauty 'She's even pretty when she cries' I thought to myself. She swoops down and picks me up bridal style with me wrapping my arms around my neck so I don't fall over. Skyler walks over to the bed and sets me down gently so my head lands on the soft pillow. She then pulls the sheets out from under me and sets them over me climbing under as well. I turn to look at her but soon doze off into a deep sleep.