Chapter 5- PJ

"Do I really have to wear a tie?" I grumbled as we walked towards Aoife's boyfriends house.
"Stop complaining PJ, we have to make a good impression!" Mum said as she smeared more red lipstick on her lips getting some on her teeth in the process.
We stood outside of their front door, as mum rang the doorbell
"Now tell me, Aoife, does my smile look too fake?" She asked, as a tanned woman with short brown hair and a long green skirt answered the door. "You must be Pamela! I'm Amanda Scott." she smiled "Come on in the dining room is this way"
She ushered us into a fancy dining room with a table set out for seven people.
"Amanda this is so lovely!" Mum gushed as she took a seat at the table and Aoife and I followed. A man and a young boy entered the room and Aoife's face lit up.
"This is my husband" Amanda explained pointing to an older man with grayish hair that had obviously been dyed
"And this is my son Peter " she gestured towards a short boy with really bad eye brows.
"You've probably met him before" she laughed flashing a smile at Aoife whose face immediately lit up. They sat down and started to chat. I sat awkwardly picking at the table cloth and playing with my lip ring I sighed loudly and my mum gave me a dirty look.
"I understand you have a son PJs age?" She sighed, giving me a look.
"OoH yes!!" Amanda said looking like she had forgotten she had another child. "He's must still be upstairs, Peter go get him."
Maybe this dinner won't be as I thought. A few minutes later Peter had returned.
"What's your other son's name again?" Asked my mum.
"His name is Adam" she replied as Adam walked into the room. Adam Scott. Adam fucking Scott. How did I not put this together sooner, I had to have a quiet family dinner with the boy I tease and make fun of every day? He stood awkwardly in the doorway, smiled timidly and did a small wave. He was wearing a pale blue sweater and a white buttoned shirt, he looked very cute with his rosy cheeks and curly blonde hair. Not that I'm gay, I'm completely straight he's just so smol.
He was scanning the table for a place to sit when we made eye contact he froze and the colour drained from his face as he did a double take. Then he looked at my mum and my sister and putting two and two together slowing took a seat in the only seat that available: right beside me.