IRREDEEMABLE/ Nine

IRREDEEMABLE/ Nine

(Katelyn)

                                “Dammit girl, are you done?” I asked, while sitting on Bettany’s bed. It was already after nine, and I was sure the party at Mark Summerall’s was well underway…but as usual, Bettany had to be dressed to the 9’s- so she could at least leave by the end of the night with a boy’s number, if not with the boy in tow. I groaned inside…she always took forever.

                                “Just a few minutes!” she called out from the bathroom. I let out a roaring groan, as I fell back onto her soft bed. “HURRY UP, you whore!”

                                “Whaaaat?” squealed Bettany from her the realm of her bathroom. “What you getting all antsy about? You just gonna be with Ashley!”

                                A warm smile grew across my face, as my thoughts shifted to Ashley…I pulled out the gold number 9 pendant, that was attached to a gold necklace. He had given it to me for Christmas…my present to him, was a customized Knicks jersey, with his name and number on it- Bennington, number 9. I remembered his smile grew from ear to ear, when I had presented it to him.

                                “I love you,” he said, pulling me in for a tight hug. “This is the best present, ever!”

                                I was nudged out of my thoughts, by Bettany kicking my leg. I looked up at her as she stood there, looking as beautiful as ever. Her jeans fit her curves very well, as did her gold colored Lucky brand open stitch sweater, and her tan Lassen Jessop wide calf boots. I have to admit, Bettany could dress her ass off. “Look- caught you in a daydream about the boy,”

                                Guilty as charged- a smile came to my face, as I kicked at her. “Shut up!”

                                Bettany jumped back, laughing…she then stepped forward, and helped me off the bed. “I’m just saying…you two are such a cute couple,”

                                She took a hold of my pendant, studying it. “I’m not knocking it…I think Ashley is really sweet. He gave you a necklace to signify you are now officially his sweet ass bitch!”

                                I slapped Bettany’s hands away, as she giggled. “So! You jealous..?”

                                She let out a big “HAWR!”, as she grabbed her coat. “As if..! I mean, don’t get me wrong- I think it is the sweetest notion, but it’s not me,”

                                “So you gonna tell me that the last few times that I saw you in the hall with Dante, you weren’t talking to him, about hooking up?” I shot out. Bettany twisted her lips into a smirk, while turning away from me…I rolled my eyes. Every time I came to the subject of her and Dante Stewart- Ashley’s best friend, and partner-in-crime, she’d clam up…was there something going on between those two? I had asked Dante about it one evening too, but he must’ve been sworn to secrecy about it also- mums the word.

                                “One day, you are gonna tell me!” I growled.

                                Bettany laughed in defiance, as we left her room. We came down the stairs, as her parents sat on the sofa, watching a movie. Their eyes shifted to us, as Bettany walked up. “We’re going to a little get together at a friend’s house- for New Year’s…can I borrow the Range?”