Chapter 1

I made my way through the crowd of photographers, and found Brian Epstein, my manager, standing with his arms crossed. 

"Look, Brian, I'm sorry, I-"

"Save it, Paul. What matters is that you're here now. Just smile for the cameras, then go talk to the press about the album. Ok? Good."

I watched Brian walk away, then turned my head towards the press. I told them about the concept of the album, and how we got the idea to dress up as a military-style marching band. More cameras flashed in my face. 

"Questions anyone?" I asked them.

"Yes!," shouted a reporter from the crowd. "Can we get some pictures of the whole band?"

I looked over at my band mates, John, George, and Ringo. They smiled and walked over to me, and we all posed for pictures. 

Eventually, after the reporters were finished, I started to walk towards Brian's kitchen to get myself a drink, when suddenly somebody pulled me aside. 

It was John. He smiled at me before saying, "There's a girl here that wants to meet you."

"A girl? John, I'm getting married soon..."

"You don't have to kiss her or anything!" said John. "Just go talk to her. Said she was a big fan." He pointed over to the living room, where a girl with strawberry-blonde hair sat on the couch. She was changing the film in her camera.

I walked over and sat down next to her. She looked up at me with a smile, and I noticed her eyes were a pretty shade of blue.

"Hi, I'm Paul." I said, smiling back at her.

She shook my hand. "Well of course I know who you are! It's great to finally meet you though Mr. McCartney, my name's Linda."