Chapter 2

I laughed a little at her calling me Mr. McCartney. "You can just call me Paul." I told her as I pulled a pack of cigarettes from my coat. "Would you like one?"

Linda grinned. "Sure." She took one, then stood to walk towards the balcony of the apartment. 

I followed her outside, where she leaned against the railing and lit her cigarette. She brought it to her lips and puffed, letting the smoke blow out into the warm air. 

"So..." she said suddenly, turning to face me. "Do you enjoy being with the Beatles?"

I nodded. "Yes, most of the time. I'm surprised we've even become as popular as we are."

"Well you're all very talented. I used to have the biggest crush on you when I was younger. I never thought I'd actually get to meet you."

I blushed bashfully. "Well, here you are now, having a smoke with me!"

We both laughed, then stood in silence for a while, until the sun set on the horizon of the city. It was getting late, and my fianceé, Jane, would be wondering why I was out so long.

"I' should get going now, but it's been great meeting you, Linda."

Linda smiled. "Yes, you too! I'd love to chat again sometime."

I nodded. "I'm sure I'll see you at the next photo op."

She laughed again, and I went back inside.

By this time, most of the people had left the party. I said goodbye to Brian, and one last goodbye to John, George, and Ringo, before I went back to the house I shared with Jane.

***************************************

As I walked in the door, I noticed Jane waiting for me in the hall with a smile on her face. 

"How was the party?" she asked.

"It went well." I told her. She leaned over and kissed me on the cheek, her eyelashes brushing against my face. Then she turned and walked upstairs.

"I'm going to bed, and maybe you should soon too. It's a bit late." she said over her shoulder.

I followed her to bed, because I was tired and needed my rest after the long party.  As I slept next to Jane, I had a weird dream....

(to be continued in chapter 3)