Chapter 29

“Where have you just come from?” Oritsé asked Aston as they pulled out of the hug “work,” Aston replies “work? You smell like you’ve been smothered by a girl,” “I did have sex in the toilets,” “you and Emma getting it on,” Oritsé teased as Aston laughed, but you coughed awkwardly as they two lads looked at you. “Actually, talking of toilets, I need it,” he says as Aston gets up and allows him to go, before Aston sits back down, but you couldn’t hold it in no more. “You’re a fucking bastard,” you hissed quietly at him “I know,” he says proudly to himself “I thought you told him!” You hissed again “shows how gullible you are,” he chuckles as you sigh out with anger. “How could you do that to me Ast?” “Very easily, just like what you allowed happened to me,” he hissed as you frowned “I didn’t mean for that to happen,” you whispered as you felt Aston tense with anger. “That’s a fucking lie,” he hissed “I’m sorry, I apologized and apologized,” you said desperately “I DON’T CARE,” he screamed making half of the restaurant fall silent and look at you both, “Ast please don’t scream,” you whimpered with fright as his eyes were alight with anger. “The day I got on that train coming to London was the day I thought to myself that I’ll never see you again, and that thought made me smile. I wanted that. Five years later, I come across you in a media building in America where I wish Marvin or JB had gone. They wouldn’t have taken interest in you; obviously if Oritsé went we’d still both be here now having this conversation,” he said, but you felt a pang of hurt shoot into your heart “you kissed me that morning,” “yeah I know. I knew that if I didn’t I’d regret it, and I know I would have done if I didn’t,” “you kissed?” Oritsé asked, as you and Aston snapped your heads round to look at him. “Yeah, but years ago, the day we didn’t see each other for five years afterwards,” Aston sighs as Oritsé looks confused and then sits himself down next to him.

“Do you two have issues or something?” He asks as you glance at him, to each other and then the table. “Some,” you whisper, as you glance at your watch “oh shit! I need to get back,” you say as you hurriedly get up and begin to make your way back to work; leaving the two lads in the restaurant.

Aston’s POV:

“You two have really had a past,” Oritsé sighs as do I “yep, we have,” I reply as the images flash through my mind. “So how are you and Emma?” “Yeah we’re good,” I mumble as I play about with the salt pot, “you and (Your name)?” I ask as he frowns deeply “aye, what’s wrong?” I ask quietly “just... The way you two look at each other and everything. Feels like what I and (Your name) have shouldn’t be happening,” he sighs and covers his face with his hands. “What are you saying? You don’t want to be with her no more?” I ask quietly, my heart pounding in my chest. He isn’t going to break up with her, is he? “I do, but then I don’t,” he says as I frown. “How come, have you not realized what you’ve got? You have the most beautiful girl around: she cares for you, she adores you and whatever else you do behind closed doors, and you come out with that! I know what you have, I’ve been there. Yeah I didn’t date her, but I had something similar. I was the first guy she ever slept with. Do you understand how many guys got jealous because of that? All guys love her. And for you to have her, must feel amazing... I mean, I’d kill to have an actual relationship with her and many other men would properly do the same. Trust me; I’ve been there,” I say “wait what? Someone tried to kill you?” He asks, his expression is scared and worried “err-” blurting things out isn’t a good idea Merrygold. “No,” I lie as Oritsé cocks his head to the side and narrows his eyes, “you’ve been in some sort of trouble in past haven’t you... With her; that’s why you two don’t particularly get on,” “Reesh, now isn’t the time to talk about my past,” I say quietly and awkwardly, as I happened to glance at someone from outside.

He stands and is smirking. My throat closes up and I feel myself panting for air. Cold sweats start to bead up on my forehead, and I feel panicked and scared. Feeling dizzy, I feel myself shake from fright; the images from twenty second of June, two thousand and four flash before my eyes. Before I know it, everything is black.