Chapter 5: Unexpected Kiss

Trixie still didn't believe that I was with Paul. She was still unsure whether to believe us or not. Maybe it was too obvious that we really weren't together. I just wish she would drop it so that we could end up the pretending now. 

It was dismissal time and after the cheerleading practice. Paul waited for me out the gym. The other girls ignored us when they passed by. Justin was with Trixie because he was a new popular boy, she befriended him just for popularity's sake. Then they saw us and stopped in front of us. 

"So I can't think that you can do this to Faith, Cris?" Trixie said. 

"C'mon, Trixie. Leave them alone," Justin told her to stop ut of course she didn't. 

I looked at Paul and squeezed his hand that was already holding mine. Then I looked back at Trixie trying to keep our plan safe. 

"What proof do you want, Trixie?" Paul asked. 

"Proof? Well, let's see. You walk her to class, you carry her things, you wait for her until after practice but..." 

I was beginning to feel the fear again. I knew something was in her mind and when she would tell what proof it'll be and we couldn't do it in front of her, this would end. 

"Trixie..." I was about to complain about her blabbing when she said it. 

The worst proof we couldn't do. 

"I haven't seen you kiss her," she smiled a wicked smile like she won a fight. 

And if she felt triumphant, I felt defeated. How about Faith? What about their relationship? Even if Paul stood by her, Trixie would continue making her jealous and that could end up that Faith would break up with him unless he quit the team in order for Trixie to stop flirting with her. 

"Trixie..." Justin tried to interfere again when Paul lifted my chin to face him and our lips touched. I was surprised and shocked, I closed my eyes. I was frozen but he kissed with passion. I could feel heat rushing through my veins then after a few seconds he let go and looked at Trixie with his usual sweet smile. He was triumphant. 

I looked down trying not to move. I had a glimpse of shocked faces. Trixie's, Justin's and some other cheerleaders who were still by the gym. 

*********** 

When I reached my apartment. I threw myself in bed and still couldn't believe what happened. i felt like I was just dreaming. I was confused and fearful. 

What if Faith knew about the kiss? Why did Paul do that? I felt the passion in the kiss but I know it was just part of pretending though I wasn't expecting this to be a part of it. 

Please, Faith. DOn't be mad about this.