Chapter 3 - "Amazing Maze"

Dear You-Who-What-Now,

"My head hurts..." grunted Lace.

It's a new day, yet again. Thinking this should be good, but it's not. Lace ponders, "Still stuck in school for Freak Week and it's only Day 3?! OH MY GOD!"

Everything seems alright up to now. The mysterious figure that showed up to school yesterday is now with the group. His name is Jeff, an alumnus of Greatway High, the older brother of Crush. "OH GOD, NO. PLEASE. It's hard enough to get stuck in school on Freak Week with Crush, now someone related to him is here too? Come on. I'll build an enclosure and wait out the remaining days of Freak Week. Gosh!" Lace whispers to herself.

"Oh! Girl!" Marmie teased and winked at Lace. "Oh! Girl! Yoohooo" Banana added. "Shhhh... Shut up, you two." says Lace.

It's already morning of Freak Week Day 3 but it's unusual that the sun isn't up yet. Everyone glanced at the windows. "Silence... It's particularly silent today and it looks like the sun isn't gonna show up." Mr. Kevin announced. "So the earth decided to stop rotating and we're gonna have all night long today? Sweet! Not the typical night for me ya'll but I'm digging this." says Marmie skipping with excitement.

"Slumber party!!" Banana shouted. "Shut up! We just woke up and it's technically morning." says Harry. "I'll shut your what up, Ballerino!" Banana yelled. "Whoa! Calm down mother truckers. No need for violence." says Marmie.

Day 3 of Freak Week brings us an endless night and it suddenly felt like we're in a shoot for a scary film. Oh well, the school itself on a normal day belongs to the horror genre all on its own so nothing much has really changed. Even though it's dark outside, everybody feels normal. No emotional changes are happening due to the prolonged evening, except my heart shouting to look at Crush but my mind is intransigent about what I feel.

Lace sighed.

"I think I might still be suffering a concussion. That cello got me so good." whispered Lace as she scratch her head.

"Ugh... Are... Are you feeling okay?" Crush stammers. "Uhm.. Oh hey! Yes. Yes, I'm fine." Lace answers after buffering for 3 seconds.

"Honey, you're definitely not fine. Let me get you two some ice." Marmie butts in. "Wait for me!" Banana added.

"What happened to you guys?" asked Jeff. "Lace here and I got hit by a cello outside and knocked us out." Crush explains.

"Well, that was a heck of a day, right? Hang in there, Lace. We're going to be just fine." says Crush.

Lace smiled at Crush and the sight of his face made her blush a little, "Yes. It's all good. Thank you." 

Few moments have passed. Marmie and Banana are running towards the gang.

Banana yelled, "RUN FOR YOUR LIVES, PEOPLE! RUN!" We stood up surprised to what was happening. "The Greatway Duck is alive! IT'S ALIVE! It's headed towards us! RUUUUUUN!!!" growled Marmie.

Our school's mascot is the Greatway Duck. It has its own statue at the school garden. A 5 feet metal statue of a bird, an inanimate object is now alive chasing us. Everybody ran to the staircase on the spur of the moment.

The gang went inside a room on the top floor of the school. It was quiet there. Darkness seems to have lingered outside and no sign of lights can be seen. Marmie and Banana are still so out of breath. "Are you two okay?" asked Mr. Kevin. "Heck no! A flying metal duck chased us! I'd better be dreaming." says Marmie. "Ooooh that... that was rough. I never ran that quick. My legs are on fire." Banana stammers.

"Wait! Whoa! Where's Jeff?" asked Crush.  

It's almost 12 noon, still dark outside when everybody heard someone whispers, "Pssst... Pssssst."