Chapter Four

Rose’s point of view…

            “Do you really think Louis will back come to theatre today?” Daniela asked as we walked into English.

            I shrugged in reply, slumping into my chair, her taking place in the desk next to mine. “To be honest, I really don’t care. He’s a typical airhead. Did you hear what he told me?”

            She shook her head no, tilting her head to the side. 

            “He said he’s an ‘actor, definitely. I’m always the center of attention, remember? Being an actor is easy, from what I’ve seen” I quoted, mocking his British accent. Daniela scoffed, rolling her eye at his total narcissism, shaking her head.

            “That kid needs a reality check!”

            “That’s exactly what I said!” I giggled, before the bell rang, notifying the teacher to begin class.

            “Didn’t you have like, the biggest crush on Louis freshman year?” Daniela whispered to me, as the teacher passed out the assignment. I shot her a glare, my face turning beet red.

            “I thought we swore to never talk about that again” I whispered, causing her to mischievously grin.

            “Don’t deny it! Freshman year you were totally heads over heels for him! Every time he walked by in the hallway you’d blush like mad!” She snickered, and I sent an elbow to her side in a playful matter.

            “I was fifteen, and I didn’t actually know what he was like until I became friends with Kaylyn.” I reminded her. “Then, after I realized how much of a jerk he was, my feelings vanished.”

            “Bull!” She chuckled. “Nobody can miraculously ‘have their feelings vanish’. It’s impossible.”

            “I obviously did” I replied, grabbing a pencil out of my bag, “You know I have”

            “Mhmm” She hummed, not believing me. “Well, I know for one thing, Liam, his best friend?” She pretended to fan herself, giggling as she did so. “He’s so handsome!”

            “Eh, who knows? If Louis continues to show up, maybe you’ll get to meet him!” I suggested, making her eyes lit up.

            “I hate to say it, but I actually want Louis to come back now, just imagine; Liam and Daniela,save the date!” She grinned, blushing at the idea of meeting her crush since Freshman year; Liam Payne.

            Liam was one of Louis’s best friends, being a part of the football team as well. He was tall, strong built with short hair that he styled up, and always had a smile on his face. He was charming, not going to lie, but I’m pretty sure nobody liked him as much as Daniela did. She had chemistry class with him sophomore year, but was too shy to even say hi. Maybe a few exchanged smiles here and there; nothing too special. But now, senior year, she made it a goal to properly meet him, and maybe someday date. Her only boundary? Her shyness.

            I forced a smile, secretly praying that there would be some other way Daniela and Liam could meet, without Louis coming back. Louis didn’t even care about theatre! Why should he waste our time; people who are genuinely in love with theatre, and wanting to make it a career. It’s not a blow-off class; it’s a way of life!

            “You don’t think we’re being too hard on him? Maybe he could be a good addition to the department…”

            I shot her a glare, scoffing as I did so.