Science Class

Brianna's POV* (at school)

"So.. then the.." my teacher vented, I didn't pay attention to him because all he said was nonsense. But why I could pay attention to was Mark Livingston. Gosh, that boy made me swoon. With his perfect blonde hair and blue eyes- oh my god, I sound so creepy.

"Okay class. For your our next assignment I am pairing you in partners. Okay, so.. Holly with Matt.." he smiled, then named a few more pairs of people, "Mark with.. Katie" he smiled, I huffed loudly and sat back in my chair abruptly, watching my dream boy and Katie talking.

"Last but not least, Brianna with.. Marcel." he smiled again, I turned around and watched as Marcel moved awkwardly in his chair, moving his glasses from the bridge of his nose.

"Be careful Bri, we don't want you get nerditis!" my friend yelled and smirked, everybody started laughing.

"Alright, alright, calm down. Get to your partners and begin discussing the project. You also have 2 months for it to be done." he stated loudly and walked back to his desk to do teacherly things. I ripped myself out of a disgusted thought and quickly sat beside Marcel.

"Hey Cel." I teased, poking his cheek. I got scoffs from classmates but waved them off.

"H-Hi Bri." He smiled shyly, I shifted in my seat and sighed.

"So.. any ideas of what we could do for our science project?" I asked.

"Erm.. actually.. uhm.. I thought we could discuss the theories and physics of atoms and particle cells." he answered shyly. (A/N: Ahaha I've never done a big science project so I really don't have any idea of what to write. I'm also too lazy to use google. So deal with this polynumeral equation huhhuhwhut).

"Sounds good." I smiled. Scooting myself a little bit away, and getting claustrophobic at our close proximity.

"So uh.. I thought we could start the project at uh.. my house maybe? If that's okay with you, or maybe it could ruin your reputation and-"

I interrupted, "Marcel, that'd be fine. Don't sweat it."

Seconds later, the bell rang, which meant that school was over.

"H-here's my address." He said before quickly scribbling on a piece of paper and handing it to me. Before I knew it, all his books he had gathered in his arms were on the ground in a cluttered pile. I whipped my head around to two senior boys snickering while walking away.

I mumbled "dumb boys" before helping Marcel.

"oh no, the bus is leaving!" he yelled, watching the school bus leave the stop, huffing and stating "great, I sure love a good 2 mile walk home." Then getting up off the ground.

"I'll give you a ride, c'mon." I motioned to the exit, where the teacher was waiting impatiently for us to leave.

"I don't know-"

"Marcel, the teacher will murder is with #2 pencils if we don't leave, hurry up." I laughed, grabbing his arm and running out of the classroom, yelling "sorry" to the teacher behind me.

•••

"Uh.. Thanks for the ride, Brianna." he thanked me, shutting the car door behind him.

"Wait!" I yelled, catching his attention, before flinging the car door open and shutting it with a bang, before running to him.

"It'll be better if we study now, my mom won't be home until 7."

"Oh, yeah sure. But um.. I haven't brought a girl home.. ever.. and my mom may freak out, and or want pictures. Don't be weirded out, or at least try not to be. and my sister Gemma, exactly the same." he jokingly warned, before opening the front door.

"Hey mum, I'm home." he cooed, taking off his shoes and setting his backpack onto the ground beside them.

"Hey Marce- OOOOOH! You brought a girl! And a pretty one.. oh Marcel.. Gemma!" she yelled, Marcel blushed immensely before putting his head into his hands. I laughed awkwardly before 'Gemma' ran into the front room beside her mother.

"AWH! Marcel! Is this your girlfriend? Oh I'm sorry, too soon? Awh!" he squealed, grabbing her phone from her pocket. Oh god.

"See?" Marcel whispered, I blushed a little and took off my shoes before funnily posing beside Marcel. He just stood there shyly smiling. What can you say? I'm outgoing, and have a personality disorder and a bipolar disorder.

*click*

"Awh, this is cute!" he smiled.

"Well, we'll be in my room, mum." he stated quickly and ran up to his room, me following closely behind.

He opened his door and I was taken back. His room was too clean for an 18 year old. Did he clean it EVERY day? His walls were the perfect shade of white and had many posters of the Beatles, Michael Jackson, Elvis Presley, and Madonna. His bed was made perfectly, and no clothes were strewn across his floor, unlike mine which was a wave of last-years accessories. His TV was a HUGE 82" Flatscreen TV, one of those TV's that have YouTube and google and games on them. An XBOX 360 KINECT was beside it, a case for Call of Duty: 4, and a controller was on it.

"Let's get some ideas down, yeah?" I asked. Marcel nodded and sat down on his bed, I sat beside him.

"I..I..I don't have my notes.. s-so we are j-just going to brainstorm about what our project will look like." he stuttered.

**fast forward through boring brainstorm like the Imagination Movers**

"Sounds good, now, have anything fun we could do?" I eagerly asked him.

"We have a pool in the backyard. We could order- no.. you can go home if your bored." he suggested.

"Nope, i'm staying. pool and pizza? I'll call my mom and tell her I'll be staying a bit longer." I smiled and left the room, pulling iPhone out of my back jeans pocket.

*2 New Messages*

From: Mom

Working late Hun. Won't be home until 10, major case. Stay safe. <3 x

From: Jenny

I heard a rumor that you are hanging out with Marcel the nerd, is it true?

To: Jenny

Nope. We're just partners in science class! He's absolutely a dweeb.

I hate lying about hating and despising Marcel. I feel kinda bad.. scratch that, I feel REALLY bad.

I slipped my phone back into my pocket and walked back into Marcel's room.

"My mom's cool with it." I said.

"The pizza w-will be here in about 20 minutes. I hope you l-like cheese." he stuttered again.

"I don't like cheese pizza.." he frowned and a look of worry came upon his face, "I love it!" his face formed a small smile.

"Do you h-have a bathing suit? Or course you don't, you could use one of Gemma's, or nevermind completely scratch swimming off for-" I stopped his mid sentence.

"Actually, I always keep a bathing suit with me in my bag. You never know when you could need it.

"G-Good.." he said quietly. I could tell this was going to be a long, shy night.