CHAPTER 10: The Visit

Alistair always asked me whether he could see me again in my school though I always resist that he shouldn’t …

                “Al, I pity you. I don’t want you to come over here in our campus most especially that you have these baseball practices.” I said.

                “No. you don’t have to worry about it. We only have this during Mondays and Wednesdays.” He would say.

                “What about your studies? Why don’t you prioritize it first instead of me?” I demanded.

                “But, I miss you.” He said.

                With what he said, I told him…

                “Alistair, I just wanted you to know that I would rather sacrifice first for my future.”

                Alistair gazed at me and said “for our future.”

                I giggled. “You’re so odd. No one said this to me before.”

                With that, he kept on visiting me. Sometimes, I protest that he shouldn’t most especially that parents who are fond of making gossips saw them in Yellow Cab.

                That started it.

                That started the rumors spreading to the moms of St. Germaine’s College.

                Well, the funniest thing when the two meet is that, Alistair always look at me. I kept on laughing. Most of the time, our subject was all about academics. Alistair would sometimes touch my things and open my notebooks. I couldn’t help it but laugh.