Chapter 1

"All right. What you got Hagrid? Eny epic ideas to save dad. The Ministry will be on his tail eny day now. We need an epic million gallon idea. Something so great-" Hagrid put up a giant hand to silence James. "If ya don't shut up we will never be able to save your dad." James sank back in his chair. "Come on guys. We need a good idea. Fast." Lily said ancously. The three of them sat in silence except for the sound of Fang who was panting loudly. For minutes they sat and thought. Those minutes turned to hours. "Come on. We need that great idea." Lily complained. "I know!" James said who had suddenly brightened up. "We can fly around on brooms looking over London. Then we can look for signs of mum and dad. We need them if we are going to help and get into the ministry headquarters." Hagrid's face brightoned. "James that's brilliant. Come on. I have your dad's old flying motorcycle in me new shed. Lily can ride in me side car." Hagrid led the two small Potters out of his house and into a large she'd behind his house. "James you can ride on this broom. The model is a Tornado. I borrowed it from the school supply of brooms." James' jaw dropped. "Gee. Thanks Hagrid. I always wanted to ride a newer model. I have a firebolt."

James mounted his broom and Hagrid turned on the engine of his motorcycle. Lily lowered a pair of flight goggles over her eyes. "Do be careful Hagrid." Lily said with a concerned voice. "Don't worry Lily. James stay close. Follow me." Hagrid started driving his motorcycle forward and then slowly the bike started going up into the sky. James kicked off the ground. "Woo hoo! Lils don't you love this?" James yelled. "It's fine James now pay attention to where your flying."