IV.

On our drive to the café and afterwards school, I consider talking about my feelings but, proceeded not too. It would have been completely awkward and useless. They would have told me I was over exaggerating and taking things out of proportion. I really wasn't ready to talk about anything either way. I'm just going to ignore the picture and ignore these little things that I, for some reason, am suddenly noticing in between them both. Maybe the fact that I saw the picture is making my brain notice every movement of friendly affection they have towards each other. I need to relax and focus on my relationship with Brandon and my studies.

Brandon told me he was taking me somewhere next Friday. He didn't say where, probably because he doesn't even know where, yet. I'm just looking forward to a day with him, just the two of us. No one else. But, knowing me and my Dementia condition, I will probably forget about it by the time I get home today. Scratch that, by second period I'll probably need a refresh on what happened earlier today and in first period. So, I'll place the date as a reminder on my phone calendar. Just in case.

I reach into the rectangular pocket at the front of my backpack, pulling out my phone. I step aside in the hallway. We wouldn't want to have any encounters with vicious pit bulls or bitchy chihuahuas so early this morning. Vicious pit bulls representing teenage boys and bitchy chihuahuas representing teenage girls. Clicking on the calendar app, I quickly type the title and time in. As I'm about to hit save, someone shakes me out of my stance.

"What the he..." I tilt my head up from my phone. "Gisele? Gisele! Where have you been? Where did you go? Ohh my goshh! Gisele, its actually you!"

It's actually her. She's been gone for months. She's always coming and going, leaving during random times of the year and never telling anyone where and when she's leaving, it's part of her life. It's usually because of her families business. She says she would rather stay in Gioia City, go to school, and not travel around the world which, to me, is the stupidest thing to ever say but, who am I to judge? I've barely been around our town, let alone the whole world so, I'm not one to argue about whether traveling is better or worse.

Her family takes trips to the different locations around the world where her father has his business running. Her dads kind of like a big deal and he is loaded. I don't really know exactly what he does and I don't plan on finding out. A man that rich most be messing with some hot shit. And that's none of my business.

Then again, she says they take those trips for vacation purposes too. She says they spend a couple months working and a couple months just for fun. She's an only child though so, while her parents are off drinking till they drown, she's stuck in the hotel room but, only cause she wants to be stuck in the hotel room. I tell her to have actual 'fun' but, she's not that type of girl. Not the type to have real, real 'fun'. If you know what I mean.

"Yes. Yes. I'm back. I've been back sense last night. I wasn't going to come today I mean, it's friday but, I might as will catch up as soon as possible. Anyways. How have you been? I've missed you." She hugs me and I put my phone back in my backpack while we start our walk down the hallway.

"Fine, good. I've been good." I stare down at my shoes, hoping she'll buy my lie. The truth is, I'm not fine or good. I'm terrified. Afraid of what might happen in the near future. "How about you? How was the vacai? Where'd yall go?" She jumps on here tippy toes, clapping her hands together. Her short brown hair bouncing from side to side. It's moments like this where I wish I had her bright blue eyes, so wide and filled with excitement.

"We went to London, Andrea. London. I didn't even know my dad had a working base there. I was so excited. It's like a world of it's own. It's beautiful. There is so much history but, also modern attractions. It's truly amazing. We visited the Tower of London and ohh my god, I felt like a Queen. I actually liked it. Can you believe it? I can't." She stopped infront of her locker and I moved to stand beside her. Turning the combination, she unlocked it and stuffed her books on the top shelf.